Diary 20

Naeun was serving the table with food. She smiled at her success.

"Wahhhh! Your food smells so delicious, Noona." Ye-jun said.

He was about to dip his finger into the sauce, but Naeun had to slapped his finger.

"Yah! I worked hard on that sauce and plus you're spreading germs." she said.

Ye-jun winced and then he sat down like a kid.

"Yah, don't act like a kid around me dongsaeng." she said. Naeun then went back to the kitchen to get small bowls.

"Noona, what's the occasion? Is something special happening?" Ye-jun asked.

"Nothing really. I just want to cook something special for the family." Naeun replied as she set small bowls for each.

"Besides, we haven't ate dinner as a family."

"You're right. It's been that long huh?" Ye-jun said.

Then the door bell ranged and Ye-jun stood up to go open the door.

"Oh hyung, you're home!" he said. "And..."

Ye-jun look behind his brother and noticed someone familiar.

"Kai?"

"Annyeong." Kai greeted.
"I decided to invite him for dinner. Hope Naeun made plenty." Daehyun said.

The boys came in and went towards the kitchen.
"Oh, Oppa! I've made dinner and....." Naeun stopped when she saw Kai. It felt like ages she seen him.

"I hope you don't mind Kai joining us tonight." Daehyun said.

"No. Not at all. Have a seat." Naeun said as she set out fried chicken.

Kai glanced at it and gulped. (His favorite)

Naeun sat down and started to pour water for the gents.

"I need to go change and wash my hands. I'll be back." Daehyun said and left the two.

It was quiet between them. Kai secretly took a glance at Naeun and was mesmerized by her beauty.

"You need help?" Kai suddenly asked.
"Not really. I'm almost finished." She replied.

"You sure?" Kai asked.
Naeun smiled and nodded. "Ne, I'm sure. Besides you're our guest."

Kai chuckled and he suddenly got shy.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
During dinner with the family, it was kind of filled with silence. Just fork and spoon tapping as they eat.

"So, Mr. Kim——"
"Please call me Jongin." Kai said.
"But sir..."

"I know you work with my father at his company as his secretary. But calling me Mr. Kim, I feel old already." Kai said as he chuckled slightly.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.
"No worries."

"So Jongin, how was the police academy? Did Daehyun trained you well?" Naeun's mother asked.

"He trained me here and there. And it's going okay actually." He replied.

"That's great! When Daehyun was your age, it was hard to accept when he became a police officer, but we're glad that he's home safe." Naeun's father added.

Kai smiled and looked at the time.
"Oh boy, I need to get home before my parents get worried." He got up and bowed at Naeuns parents.

"Thanks for dinner."

"You're welcome Jongin." Her mother said.
"I'll walk you out." Naeun said as she stood up.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*<*<*~*<*<*<*<*<*<*<*<*<~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Thanks for dinner, Naeun." Kai said.
"You're welcome." Naeun said.

Then it became quiet between them.
"Oh, how are you going to get home? You came with Daehyun." Naeun said.

"I had my butler here. He's coming any minute. That means...."

"Means what?" Naeun asked.
"Means that I get to talk you more. I haven't seen you since high school." Kai replied.

Naeun's heart skipped a beat for a minute.
"And I miss talking to you." Kai added.

"Um...well, hehe. Me too Kai. You've been distant too, you know." Naeun said.

Kai smiled and held her hand. Which made Naeun surprised.

"Naeun, I..." Kai's Butler came.

Naeun let go his hand and blushed a little.
"Time to go. You don't want your parents to worry."

"Y-yeah."

Damn it! Always in a wrong time, huh? Kai thought.

"Well, good night."

"Good night. See you around?" Kai asked.

"Yeah." Naeun replied.

Kai smiled and bid his good bye.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*<*~*<*<*<*<*<*<*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*<*<*<*<*~*~*~*
Dear diary,
Tonight was awkward at first. We finally had a family dinner together until Kai came to join us. You don't know how I felt when he came to join us for dinner. My heart was pumping and I wasn't making eye contact with him. I hope he didn't notice my red face though. My face was bright red when he came. But he held my hand, i felt warm and safe.  But seeing him again, I was happy 😊 happy to see him smile again.
~*~*~*<*<*<*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hey readers! I'm back! Just for a while. I apologize for not updating this story. Hope you all understand and thanks for being supportive and being patient with me. I'll update soon. And hopefully you like this update. If not, I'm sorry