Chapter 42

(3 years later)

"Did you pick the kids up from school today baby?" I leaned down, kissing her lips softly. She hummed, passing me a letter that's been sitting on the table for days. "It's from que. I guess he wanted to check in on us. We haven't talked to him in a while.." I nodded, throwing it on the kitchen counter again. "I miss my babies. Are they in their rooms?" As soon as I spoke, the two of them ran down the hall after me. "Hi mommy! We missed you!" They both held onto my legs, holding their arms up for me to pick them up. "Hi loves, how was school? Did you make any new friends?"

"Mhm. Ms. teacher said we did a really very good job with our works!" I laughed at how cute they both spoke. They were only 3 and I could barely understand a word they were saying. Preschool was doing them well though. "That's good but I have to talk to your mommy for a little okay? Go to your play room and clean up for lunch." They both nodded, running down the hall back to their own ways. "I missed you so much. Work was hard today. My boss was being a bitch. Customers were yelling at me for the smallest things and I had the biggest headache today. Everything was awful.."

I watched her rant, wanting nothing but for her to be happy. Our lives have been very normal for a couple of years now. Making a family together, moving into a bigger and better house, getting a dog. Everything seemed so perfect to the both of us. Our relationship with each other is so much better than it used to be. The communication and trust is there. I didn't think it was possible but I fall more and more in love with violet every single day. Our sex life has been so much more beautiful and intimate. The way we sit and lay in bed to talk about it after is so perfect. Everything is what I imagined my life to be with her one day and it's finally coming true. "I love you. You know that right?" I pulled her chin up, bringing her into my embrace. "I love you more bil.."

"I couldn't ask for a better wife. You're my person."

"And you're mines."