six

Melodrama

Our feet felt heavier walking down the school hallway Monday morning.

It was like the air surrounding us got dense and something shifted knowing what we now know.

Montes pregnant.

She's going to be having a baby in the next nine months with her high school boyfriend Liam.

We got to school thirty minutes early like usual. I wanted to sneak off to see Harry but Monte needed me right now so it didn't feel right leaving her.

I mean I may be a total selfish bitch, but this was serious. Monte, the girl that came from overbearing protective parents was going to have a baby before she was married.

The hallways are almost empty this early so we take our time stalking towards our lockers. My Maryjanes are the loudest pair of shoes I've ever warn and I honestly think it's so the nuns know where we are at all times of the time.

The four of us haven't said a word yet, not one. We walk in complete awkward silence and we're halfway through the building.

Maybe I should text Dimple, I mean if we are just going to walk solemnly. It would help take my mind off of everything and he always does something to make me smile.

No, I mean he didn't text me good morning so I can't be the first to text. Does that rule apply with a fuck buddy that is a little bit more than a fuck buddy but you have a boyfriend so your fuck buddy can't be your boyfriend but he already acts like your boyfriend in private but never in public.

Except when he took me out back to smoke and his friends hated on me.

Maybe that was too much exposer for us. And I mean we texted yesterday so I'm just overreacting, I should send a text. What would I say though?

"Oh Hope?" Emma calls for my attention since I've got my face stuck in my phone trying not to be pathetic.

"Yeah." I respond still in conversation with my head.

The three girls remain quiet and that's when I finally lift my head up and see what's got them so gobsmacked.

Written in black sharpie on my light blue locker are the words 'FAT SLUT'.

"Huh?" I'm speechless, dropping my phone to the floor and slightly tilting my head to the left. What the fuck is happening? I thought this shit only happened in movies, who the fuck did this?

"I'm gonna go get a custodian." Emma being able to think before the rest of us. Leah decided to tag along.

"I'm sure it's just a prank." Monte tried to comfort me but I honestly don't know if I need comforting.

I am a fat slut.

What the person wrote on my locker was true so why would it be a big deal if the world can see those words. The world can already see what I look like and who I've been screwing.

Monte was about to say something more, probably along the lines of 'it's gonna be okay', when a wave of morning sickness hit and she had to cup her mouth as she sprinted towards the bathroom.

But I just stood there.

I stood in front of my locker looking at the vandalism and wandering how they knew? How did the person that did this know what I really am? How to really get to me?

Maybe it was Braeden, I mean he seemed okay yesterday but at the party he was two seconds away from calling me a slut.

Would my boyfriend really do that?