seven

The Love Club

To say this week so far has been sucky, would be an understatement.

It's fucking Tuesday and I'm already done with this bullshit. Homecoming is in two weeks and Brae still hasn't asked me, Monte is fucking pregnant; the only good thing happening in my life is Harry and we don't get to spend a lot of public time together.

Our relationship would be so much easier if we were both in college without all this shitty high school pettiness.

And if I didn't have a boyfriend.

Anyway, my point is I'm done with school and I'm ready for graduation even though I'm only a junior, school couldn't end fast enough.

The drive home after my last class was lowkey peaceful. I didn't have to carpool anyone so it was me and my music for the five minute ride.

Once I got home I threw my book bag in our study and walked into the kitchen to find a snack.

The first person I've seen since being home is my mom cooking over the stove giving me a smile as I make my way to the fridge.

"Would you like some pesto penne, honey?" My loving mother asks standing over the stove mixing in the ham to the creamy sauce.

"I'm okay mom." I say, trying to sound respectful even though I'm annoyed she's offering since she knows I'm on a diet.

"You need to eat dear, I haven't seen you eat since this morning and you only had a protein bar. You're not having a relapse are you?" She asks with concern, causing me to roll my eyes and shut the fridge once I've grabbed a bottle of water.

"No mom," I start hoping that she understands where I'm coming from as I continue. "but it's the beginning of the school year and homecoming is right around the corner and I want to look good in my dress."

With her hand on her hip and the other stirring the pot of pasta, my mom gives me a look of disbelief like what I'm feeling doesn't make sense to her.

"A cup of pasta isn't going to make you fat Hope. We've been over this with the therapist, the way you view food isn't normal honey. You can eat good food if it's in moderation, even if some days it's not in moderation it's not the end of the world."

Throwing my head back in frustration, mostly from her always bringing up my food issues that I'd rather not talk about, I have to keep my voice stable while trying to explain how I see this one more time.

"It starts with a cup of pasta, but then I'm gonna crave a piece of garlic bread and at that point might as well throw in a Pepsi! Fast forward to me being thirty five, single and munching on bonbons sat in the dent I've put in my couch!"

Turning off the stove, I stare at my mothers back as she places her hands on either side of the pot, her head hanging low.

"I'm going to call the doctor." She says quietly.

"No!" I tantrum, angrily stomping out of the kitchen not wanting to even be near her right now.

I know she's my mom and she loves me and that everything she does for me is because she thinks it's best, but I have this handled. I might've had a an issue with my eating in the past but I have it under control now. I just want to look beautiful for homecoming, is that so bad?

Running up my marble stairs, my hand glides up the golden railing trying my hardest to get to my room so I can finally have some privacy.

I throw my door open, walking into my lavender bedroom and seeing Harry on my bed laying on his back with his hands folded behind his head.