thirtyfour

you right

"Emma's getting on my fucking nerves."

"She's not even here."

"Yeah but she's bored at her grandparents house so she's blowing up my phone." Leah bitches for the twelfth time today.

When I told Monte to walk with me to the bathroom after class, I didn't expect her to text Leah to meet us here as well. Apparently they've been getting really close and Leah, being the shady bitch she is, decided that Monte was more exciting than Emma so she ditched her to the curb.

I get that Emma doesn't drink or do drugs and Leah has been going down that route lately, but Montes pregnant so it's not like she can party and get wasted either. Leah should just befriend the druggies and leave the rest of us alone. This phase she's going through is going to get her slapped.

Monte of course isn't going to say anything cause she's been so wrapped up in Liam with everything going on. He's still being a spiteful cunt and threatened to tell everyone that Montes a whore and that's how she got pregnant. The sad thing is people will probably believe him. He's a popular jock and everyone thinks he's the good guy, always standing up for what is right.

I fucking hate that guy.

"I think I'm gonna get an abortion." Monte speaks for the first time in what seems like days.

"What?" Not trying to judge her or anything just want to know her thought process.

"Liam doesn't want the baby. I can't take care of it when my parents disown me. It's the only thing that makes sense." Her head tilted towards the floor as I see her pick her fingernails bloody.

I don't know what to say right now. I feel like I should comfort her but I don't want to demean her in anyway. It's so sad. That she feels like this is her only option.

I've been thinking about that a lot when it comes to abortion. It's no secret the thought of abortion really isn't something I like to even think about. It's horrifying. I've been thinking about why women would even get them in the first place and not understanding it. But then I look at Monte, my best friend since preschool and how broken she is because of all of this and I'm starting to understand why God's main message is to never judge anyone and to love everyone as yourself. Take the spike out of your own eye before looking at the dirt in someone else's.

Because on the outside, you would never know the full story behind the immense pain that causes a decision like this to be made.

It's sad and scary. The fact that Montes back is up against the wall and she truly feels like her only option is to do something she's never wanted to do. It's really fucking sad. I don't even know a better way to describe it. I feel sad for Monte and I feel sad for her baby.

Everything is just so fucked up.

So yeah, I don't know what to say to Monte right now because if I go off on a tangent it would just stress her out and put more pressure on her. All I can do is stand beside her and hold her hand through whatever decision she makes.

"Is having an abortion what you want?" or are you getting pressured into it?

She timidly nods, her bottom lip gnawed between her teeth and her eyes are bloodshot. I can tell she's really thought about this and as much as it looks to be killing her, this is the choice she's made.

"Do you have an appointment?" I hope it doesn't feel like I'm giving her the third degree. When I don't want to talk about something it makes it so painful to go over the details but she wanted to talk to me for a reason and I'm guessing its this.