twentythree

idontwannabeyouanymore

"Monte's getting an abortion!"

The lanky body laying stomach flat on my bed with an Xbox controller in hand, turns his head towards me with lips pressed flat in a line and raised brows, he nods, and then proceeds to turn back and shoot Nazi's on the tv.

"Did you hear me?" I start pacing back and forth across my room with my hands in my hair trying to comprehend what the fuck just happened less than an hour ago.

The only response I get is a hum.

"Harry! I'm serious this isn't right!" I proclaim trying to get him to talk it out with me because it feels like such a heavy weight on my chest.

"It's not your decision babe." He mumbles as his fingers aggressively hit the controller buttons.

"It's not solely Liam's either!" I feel two seconds away from screaming and I just wish he'd shut the stupid video game off.

"It is his baby." Harry dares to whisper.

With that statement I stand directly in front of the tv with crossed arms and a popped hip. Harry flicks his eyes up and down my body before reaching behind him to grab the tv remote, turning it off and then gesturing his hands to let me know I have his full attention.

I mouth a 'thank you' before kneeling down in front of the bed, now eye to eye with Harry I quickly give him a kiss realizing I didn't say hello when I walked in. His lips pucker back through the quick exchange but his face stays the same as always, stoic.

"Monte doesn't want an abortion. When Liam suggested it in Sister June's classroom she got physically sick and now we go to the OBGYN and the first thing she asks about is abortion procedures."

"Maybe she changed her mind?"

"She didn't. You know Monte, she's crazy religious and I know she's scared but she would never do something like this unless she was being pressured into it!" I exclaim trying to get my point across and I know Harry is listening but his face never fucking changes and it frustrates me because I don't know if he's taking this seriously.

Seeing my exasperation, Harry takes my hands that are folded over one another on the duvet and holds them in his own as he stays propped up on his elbows.

"I get your concern, but it's not your place Peach." I can't hold in my eye roll causing him to slightly frown. "Listen, Monte's a bitch that I don't fucking like at all, but she's your best friend and as her best friend it's your job to be supportive-"

"I would be supportive if I thought this was something she wanted. I think he's forcing her into it." I try to explain one more time before a blood vessel blows.

"And what are you going to do about it? Confront him? No you're fucking not!" His voice raising and his eyes turning deadly serious. "Do you not remember the shit he pulled when he got angry? You're not going near him, he's aggressive and easily irritated. And personally I don't feel like going to fucking jail because if that backpack he threw ended up fucking hitting you, I would've killed him with my barehands. So you're not going to do shit, you're going to support Monte but keep your fucking distance, do you understand?" He scolds with a clenched jaw and furrowed brows.

I quickly swallow my pride and loosen my grip in his hands trying to process everything he's said. As my hands start to slip he grips them harder and holds them more firm in his own, waiting for me to speak.

"She wants me to go with her when she gets it done." I whisper feeling sick about all that's happening.

Harry's face softens, he starts to pull me up with his hands as he flips around on the bed to be sitting on his bum, making sure not to twist a wrong way with his injuries. He guides me to sit on his lap as my legs rest on top of my bed with my arms around his waist and my head resting on his collarbone.