twentyfive

boss b*tch

*double update (2/2)*

"So the thing with chemistry is that-"

"Braeden I don't want to talk about our chemistry homework." I cut him off, shocked he even showed up to the library.

Huffing in annoyance, he finally looks at me and gives me the slightest bit of attention.

"Look, I promised you that I'd help you with this because you have a hard time with science and I'm doing that because I love you, but I'm still mad."

I sit up straighter the second he says he loves me, and that gives me confidence to reach across the table and take his hands in mine.

"I'm sorry, and you have every right to be mad. I should've called, I wasn't thinking and I know that's not an excuse but all I can say is I've learned that lesson and I'll be better next time an emergency happens."

He grips my hands back but his brows furrow like what's really troubling him isn't the dance.

"It's not just that," he starts and now I'm officially worried. "It's also that you didn't tell me about my sister."

"She asked me not to." I jump in, not wanting him to question what side I'm on.

"I know you guys are best friends, but doesn't boyfriend trump best friend? Doesn't the person you're planning on spending the rest of your life with come before your high school best friend?"

I truly don't know how to respond. First, it's a freakin shock he's under the impression that with how distant we've been that marriage would be at the frontier of his mind. Shouldn't we focus on getting our relationship back on track first? And Monte's not just my best friend but also his sister so it's complicated, but in my mind I'm a girls girl, and I'll throw down for my girl over any guy.

"I've known you and Monte my whole life. I do love you and I want a future between us but she's my Monte. I've been selfish in the past when it came to wanting to clear my own mind and confiding in someone about something that wasn't mine to share. It wasn't even a week ago and now, talking to you I realize how horrible that was of me. I'm not doing that again. She asked me not to tell you because she knew how upset it was going to make you and I'm not going to be that person anymore, where I don't value her hardships like my own. If I told her something that I wanted to keep private and she told people, it would kill me because of the lack of trust. So, I'm sorry Brae, but if she needs to confide in me I'm a locked box."

Having said all of that now I realize how true it is. I was selfish and didn't treat her issues with care. I put myself first in confiding with Harry because I was feeling a type of way but I shouldn't have. It's that saying, don't give your pearls to swine. It's basically saying don't trust your insecurities with people that aren't going to respect them, and I didn't respect hers. But that's going to change. I'm going to be the kind of friend that I'd want Monte to be for me. The kind of friend Emma is to me.

"You're a good friend." If only. "And I've been a bad boyfriend." Okay... "I want you to know that I do hear you and I do listen and, what I'm trying to say and even though it's inappropriate to be talking like this in a library, I want to make it up to you for how I've been. I want to show you that I forgive you and how much you mean to me." Where is he going with this?

"Hope, I want to have sex with you."

The fuck he just say?

Hxhydnvdjcgyjciumn *brain malfunction*

I'm sure I look like a damn goldfish with the way my eyes are bulging out of my face right now. I can't even snap my mouth shut, I'm in that much shock.