thirtyfive

Harry

His office reeks of mold, meth, and sex. Boxes full of shit are everywhere, files stacked against the wall topple over and scatter the floor. The desk's smothered in white powder with the evidence of intoxication sitting with a girl kneeled between his legs.

Such a fucking piece of shit.

He doesn't even lift the girls head off his dick when I come in.

"You sent for me." I had nothing else to say. Over the course of this past year a man I had respected, looked up to even, has changed and turned into a monster.

The lazy smirk plastered on his face makes my knuckles itch. This morning two meat heads busted my door down and dragged me here. It was not a pleasant experience.

"How's the blondie?"

Having to hold myself back from throwing a punch, I clench my knuckles and count down from five. If I beat this piece of shit up one of his guys wouldn't wait a second to put a bullet through my skull. Taking a breath I hold onto my restraint.

"Why do you need me here?"

His smirk grows but he chooses to drop talking about my girl.

"I need you to do a pick up. I have a new shipment coming into San Diego over the boarder on Tuesday and I'm short a couple guys."

"I have school." He laughs at my excuses because we both know the real reason I'm not jumping to go is simply because I don't want to.

"Sorry to disappoint but you don't have a choice. You go willingly or I'll find you an incentive into going." Holding the girls head down he gives me one last wicked smirk. "Now if you don't mind..."

Clenching my jaw I turn on my heels and walk out of his office. That fucking son of a bitch.

"And one last thing." Zyan says just as I reach the door. "Tell your girl I like those little skirts she wears."

I don't turn back. I can't. If I even look in his direction I'm going to strangle the living shit out of him.

Making my way to the car I have loads of regret. Why the fuck did I have to introduce him to Peach? He used to not be so fucked up but still, I should've known better.

If he even thinks of going near her I'm going to end him in the most painful way possible. I've realized that there's nothing I wouldn't do to protect Hope, as frightening as that might be. But after the shit I did to father John I think it's pretty clear how I deal with people who fuck with my girl.

Hope

Black is such a depressing color.

Sure I'm so pale I look good in anything but black is just so not my style. Mourning a sexual predator is also not what I would call a fun afternoon.

The whole school is crowded in the gym waiting for the memorial to start. I wish I didn't have to be here. It would look bad on me if I didn't attend however and with the winter dance coming up, I have no choice but to keep up appearances. That also includes Braeden hanging on my arm.

I'm gonna be sick.

I didn't get a chance to tell Harry that Braeden is still somewhat in the picture. We're not together but also I really want to be snow Queen. I know it's selfish and horrible but I honestly think when I get a chance to explain it to Harry he's going to understand. I hope.

Louis comes up to Braeden and I, talking about something happening in the courtyard and then dragging Brae away. Thank God. I haven't seen Harry at all and now that the little bitch isn't clinging to my arm, I can go look for my man.