7. Nafrat pass aane na de

As they made their way home, Khushi had composed herself and was trying to behave normal. Well as normal as she did since their relationship changed a couple of weeks ago.

Now that Arnav thought about it, everything started looking fishy to him. Her nervousness around him, her reluctance to any closeness, her phone calls to someone late at night. What was he missing?

--*--

"Umm, Khushi can I request you something?" he asked as politely as possible once they were in their bedroom.

She looked surprised for a minute. He didn't know if it was his tone or his question. But she nodded for him to continue

"I am getting hungry and I am craving something sweet. You know that halwa you had made with sugar substitute on your 'pehli rasoi'? can you make that for me please?" he asked as nonchalantly as possible. Desperate times needed desperate measures. He needed her gone out of the room for some time at least.

Khushi looked unsure for a moment. But then just gave him a small smile and said 'ok'.

He closed the door behind her and locked in safety. If she asked later why the door was locked, he would say he was changing clothes in the room itself that is why. She was easy to convince. At least he would hope so. With that thought, he moved to her side of the cupboard and the first thing he took hold of was her handbag!

--*--

Arnav could not believe his eyes. The bottle of poison he found in her bag was staring at him as if challenging him, scaring him even. Along with it was an old newspaper cutting which had the news of one of his awards but his face in the cutting was marked with a red cross! Did he need more elaboration? What were all these things doing in Khushi's bag? What was the meaning of all this?

He badly wanted to deny his worst fears that started crawling on his mind. His wife of one week, whom he had married for several reasons, one of the strong ones being his attraction to her, was plotting against him? How could he go so wrong? Why did he not believe his earlier instincts? She was no different, in fact worst of the middle-class money minded girls! He hated her!! There was no doubt in his mind now that he wanted to throw her out, not have her around him anymore but before that she would HAVE to answer a few of his questions!

--*--

Khushi was skeptical of the way Arnav had asked her to make him an evening snack at 8 pm in the night, dinner time! He requested her and then had literally pushed her out of the room and instructed her to not come back until she had finished making it for him.

Any other day, she would have strongly denied but given the stunt she pulled earlier that evening when he found her on the road, she didn't want to raise any more suspicions. So, she obliged.

She had to ask Shyam ji to hurry up with the next phase of their plan now! Each moment with HIM, her so-called-husband whom she detested, under the same roof was difficult for her.

As she made her way to their bedroom, with a bowl of halwa in her hand, she didn't understand why but she felt an unknown tension in the air.

She gently opened the door to their room only to come face to face with a raging Arnav Singh Raizada, her bag open on the bed with a few things scattered along with the bottle of poison!

--*--

"Arnav ji, ye sab kya-"Khushi started timidly, not realizing this was the first time she didn't call him 'Mr. Raizada'. Nor did Arnav notice it.

The nerve of her, he thought, still standing here, and asking me.

"That is what I want to ask you Khushi. What is all this? What should I make out of all this?" he asked, his tone clearly indicating he was angry.

"I can explain" she started tentatively. She had to make a story and fast!

But he was not ready to buy any!

"The hell you can! Tell me one thing, is this halwa also poisoned? That's why you agreed to make it right? I gave you an opportunity myself, didn't i? tell me Khushi, how many bottles do you carry? How much of it is mixed in this bowl? Will me eating one spoon be enough?" he asked coming close to her

"STOP IT" Khushi put down the bowl on the bedside table and turned only to be pulled strongly by Arnav by her arms.

"No Mrs. Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, YOU stop it! I made a huge mistake giving into your charms. But you showed your true status! Aukat dikha hi di tumne! What a perfect plan, isn't it Khushi? Charm a billionaire, get cozy with him, then plan his murder and then be legal nominee to his money and his property. But let me tell you one thing Khushi, you got it all wrong! You underestimated my capability. Your truth is out, my soon-to-be-ex-wife! You disgust me!" he spat angrily

"ENOUGH! Enough of your nonsense Mr. Raizada. Bohot bol liya aapne aur bohot sun liya humne! Now you'll listen to me. What did you say, charm you and get cozy with you? Even if you were the last man on this planet, I would still not do that Mr. Raizada, never willingly. And I disgust you? Oh, you have no idea what level of cringe I feel being associated with you!" Khushi was shaking due to all the emotions she was feeling, and Arnav was numbly hearing all this, but she continued,

"Yes, you caught a few things in my bag Mr. Raizada, but they don't mean what you think they do. You thought the poison was for you? NO Mr. Raizada, it was not for you but for me, in the event your dirty hands landed on me, in the event of your motives made you take advantage of me if you tried being physical with me! It was for that! Not everyone is like your family Mr. Raizada, not everyone can have it on their conscience that they are responsible for killing people! Aap kya nafrat karengey? Hum aapse nafrat karte hain, itni, jitna aap soch bhi nahi sakte! And you know why? Because you destroyed innocent women's lives just like you father destroyed my Amma's life! I hate your Mr. Raizada, I HATE YOU!" Khushi was shivering when she finished. In the heat of the moment, she had divulged a lot more details than were intended.

Arnav stood rooted to the spot. Trying to process what he just heard. She wanted to kill herself if he came close to her? Itni nafrat? She didn't ever like him? And what did she say, he destroyed women's lives? Whose life? And last sentences, what was that about? His dad, her Amma? What the hell!

His head was spinning. He needed to get out of there. Right now! Before he did something physically damaging to himself or her. Yeah, now he was once again not sure what he exactly felt for her. In fact, DID HE EVEN KNOW HER?

Feeling suffocated, he turned on his heel and opened the door. It closed with a bang behind him, and finally Khushi broke down in loud sobs as she slumped on the floor!

--*--

A/N - it's a small update. But please make do for now guys. This was so emotionally draining. But now they both know they hate each other. What will happen next? What will Arnav do now? What will Khushi do?

Janne ke liye, padhte rahiye. 😀 Stay tuned to know more :P and do hit the vote button :D