17. showdown-1

Seated in the helicopter, at the height of thousands of feet, as Lucknow's landscape came into view, Khushi's thoughts went to the morning of yesterday. It was a very disturbing morning for her, after spending the night when she surrendered herself to him, albeit just her body, not her heart.

flashback of the morning the day before: Unknown to him, while he was lost in her thoughts, Khushi was awake and lost in some thoughts as well, but not as merry as his! For a 22-year-old-girl whose life earlier revolved around her small family, but now only had revenge on her mind, this life was not easy! Apart from that, it was also not helping that she was still not close to her aim, which was to bring justice to Shital and her Amma, the reason why she married him, why she put up this façade of a relationship which he claimed to cherish! But did he? didn't he leave a single chance to prove he was also a monster every time she went against his wishes and expectations? Without caring for audience, he always put up a show. She HAD to end this.

Instead, here she was, giving into his coaxing demands (and hers which she hated to admit) and waking upto the one person she hated the most! Arnav Singh Raizada. Yes, he was her husband, a devilish, sexy, rich man who behaved like a love-sick puppy last night. how his changing behavior confused her! she only wanted to end this façade and punish him for his crimes and his father's too! Crime of ruining an innocent woman's life, first her amma and now shital and god only knows how many more!

As was her routine from past five weeks, she had then come down for morning puja, greeted his grandmother and his elder sister Anjali and some extended family, all the while portraying the role of a perfect daughter-in-law of this insanely rich-kindhearted people. However, she was sure that they were also fake, just like her husband!

end of flashback

And now she wasn't even sure anymore if what she did was even right to begin with! Was she wrong to trust Kapoor family who were like God himself for her and her family? Was she wrong to believe what she herself saw and experienced at the hands of Arnav, when he put her life in danger in that guest house, then cheated on Lavanyaji by kissing her on Diwali night, then marrying her yet kept insulting her with her middle-class background? And what about her amma? His father had led on her amma for so long, hiding his marital status, finally coming clean when her amma confessed her feelings to him? Whom to believe, what was the truth? Her answers lied in Lucknow.

Khushi looked at the name and address Aman had given her 'Pranav Mishra'. He was the same guy who studied with Arnav and Shital at Harvard and the one who had taped that video of Shital and Arnav

--*--

Almost at the same time, Aman went to meet ASR in jail and told him everything about why Khushi was hell bent on ruining him and AR. Arnav was shocked to hear the complete truth. Probably it was time to face the past which he could have handled better, so now he decided he will help her. Before that he had to ensure Khushi remained unharmed and untainted.

"Aman, I want you to help me get out of here but ensure you will not drag Khushi's name anywhere." Arnav instructed him firmly.

"What? But ASR without disclosing her name and what she did so far, how can we get you out of here?" Aman was sure his boss was going mad, they HAD to tell about Khushi's plot to free him

"Then we will wait until we convince her that and wait until we do. I don't care how long."

"But ASR that's crazy." Aman was convinced both husband-wife Raizada were equal in that now!

"Watch your tone Aman. And besides, deir se hi sahi, I need to put Khushi's interests first. Which is what I will do now." He said with a finality in his voice and turned his back to Aman, his cue to leave.