S3 - epilogue + closing note

A week after Shital and Anjali's arrest:

The Oberoi hotel, Nariman Point, Mumbai:

It was a beautiful Monday morning-first day of a work week and the view from the window of their presidential suite was breathtaking, Arabian sea and daybreak. But Arnav was rather interested in another view,

"Since when have you been awake?" Khushi woke up to see Arnav staring down at her and asked stifling a yawn. She noticed the time on the bedside clock simultaneously which showed 7 am. She had to get up soon so she could make it on time for the day's shooting schedule...

"Pretty much all night. Kahin main so jata aur tum bhag jati toh (what if I slept and you ran away)?" he asked sincerely, and Khushi chuckled at his baseless worry. Seemed like he had taken a huge shock of her leaving him ever since he thought Prem was there to compete with him

"Arnavji, hum kahi nahi ja rahe (I am not going anywhere) but now I have to get up if I want to make it on time on the set. And even you should get going. AR's Mumbai branch staff would think all they heard about ASR's strict office routine is fake." she said with teasing tone

He cupped her face and looked in her eyes again, "Promise me, you will never leave me."

She felt her heart glow hearing his demand, "I promise Arnavji. I will never leave you. I told you na, it is my house, my marriage, my husband, and Khushi doesn't give her things away in charity."

"Please say it again? That I am yours?" he asked, in a desperate plea. she cupped his lightly stubbled face in reply and answered the truth

"Of course, you are Arnavji, but haan, if I see you encourage any chudail again- "

"You will kill her I know." he said, remembering her earlier words from 'that' night

"No, I will kill you first, then her." she said, in a warning tone. and it was his turn to smile a little.

He rested his forehead against hers, "Manzoor hai (I agree)."

They stayed like that for a few more blissful moments, trying to hold on to the time some more...

"Khushi, can I ask you something?" he asked after a while

"hmm?"

"Why aren't you using your full name? You give your name as Khushi now." He said with a sad face, pointing out her 'new way' of addressing herself. He liked when she used her name as Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, no matter how ridiculously long it was, it still gave him joy that she took his surname. But now, she was using only Khushi. That's all.

"Because that's my name Arnavji, my identity. Without being referred to as someone's daughter, someone's wife, someone's daughter in law, I am just this person who is Khushi"

"but-"

"No Arnavji. I have achieved this after many efforts, please don't make me give that up now." she said in a decisive tone, and he softened. He was not going to be standing in her way to self-identity anyway, he would support her henceforth, in every step!

"No, I know Khushi and I won't ever come between your dreams. I understand. I just need my place in your life and heart, that's it." he said sincerely and earned a gorgeous 'Khushi-smile' that brightened his day...

--*--

7 Years later

Finishing the last appointment for the day, Anjali got up from her chair, too tired and worn out after a hectic day at her small workplace.