S3 - chapter 5

Last update before my break, so it's a long one. enjoy :)

--*--

She watched with a mix of frustration and anger when he asked Shital for dance and then they proceeded to the dance floor. She could see he was whispering something to her, and she was blushing under his gaze, her hand on his arm and Khushi felt tears coming to her eyes. She knew he was doing this to spite her but there was a limit to everything. And then he expected she will not take doubt on what kind of relationship he shared with Shital!

'Devi maiyya, help me.' Khushi whispered closing her eyes. And just then someone addressed her,

"Excuse me Senorita, may I have this pleasure to dance with you?"

.

.

Arnav watched as this man's one hand was lightly resting on the curve of Khushi's delicate waist, while she held his other hand in a loose grip. For a minute, they only lightly swayed with music, and it almost looked like she will excuse herself from the dance floor. And then something happened. He spoke to her, almost whispered leaning too close for Arnav's liking and then she relaxed. Soon, she was giggling over something her dance partner said and Arnav clenched his fists too tightly.

Khushi and her 'dance partner' were still on the dance floor and 10 minutes and 2 songs later, it did not look like they had any intention of getting down.

Arnav cursed under his breath! Oh, why he left her alone and thought to make her jealous by dancing with Shital? And how dare Khushi dance with someone else, right in front of his eyes? That too so happily, laughing with this stranger? He could be a potential stalker for all they knew... Khushi was just too stupid sometimes, Arnav muttered to himself, glaring at the couple still dancing as if they had never danced before in their life. Then he turned his attention to the mother-son duo in front of him who were telling him something he had no idea about...

--*--

"And then, I told them 'ek baar jo maine commitment kar di toh main khud ki bhi nahi sunta' (once I make a commitment then I don't listen to even myself)" Prem said a dialogue from famous Salman khan movie and Khushi giggled some more.

"Hai devi maiyya Premji, aap toh sach mein salmanji ke bohot bade fan ho (you truly are a big fan of Salman)" Khushi said, leaving his hand for a minute to wipe a tear that had come out of her eye after laughing so much.

It was difficult to believe they had met just 15 minutes before and now they were like best friends already!

If people called her motormouth, he was more than her, if she was a big Sallu fan, he knew all dialogues from salman's movies by heart. And not just that, she got to know his name was Prem Mehta, an ad film maker based out of Mumbai who was in Delhi for a talent hunt for his new project. And despite spending a week here and doing many auditions, he couldn't find the face he was looking for, someone who was a combination of innocence and charm. And tonight, he was here with his marketing team for drinks and dinner, before his flight to Mumbai.

That was until he saw her and thought he found 'the one'.

What he did not tell Khushi was, he had few other secrets too. Some were publicly known, others too personal. But one of the biggest one was, he was recently awarded best youngest ad film maker in an international film festival in Paris! He did not tell her that almost every famous model wanted to work with him at this moment, every magazine wanted to cover his interview... he had realized, she was not a person to get impressed with that. But he wanted to make her agree to work with him. Sure, he didn't know if she was even looking for work since she looked from an affluent family but doesn't mean she won't be ambitious right?