NSIV Pro - part 5

"I think I should contact Shyam, and tell him I want to meet him alone to discuss about Anjali ji and help him." Khushi said taking a bite of the jalebi in front of her while she was trying to brainstorm some way to get Shyam to come to them.

"Right, and land yourself in trouble." Arnav said, rather mumbled in sarcasm laden voice. They had arrived early for lunch. Khushi had made a huge pile of jalebis for herself and was currently munching on those. Arnav hadn't yet decided what he was here for, the food, or his gorgeous-but-trouble-inviting wife who he wished to lock in some place someday where no trouble can reach her even if she wishes so!

Khushi and Arnav had just received the report from Aman regarding Aarav. Last night, Khushi had shared her interaction with aarav with Arnav and Anjali and insisted they immediately dig deeper from there in Shital matter. As always, Aman had come to rescue and just within the night and the morning, he was able to confirm that whatever aarav told khushi was correct. He had been at an orphanage since he was little, and his sister was also with him who passed away in a chronic disorder a few years ago. The trio then also discussed treading carefully hereon, as if shital and shyam had indeed been plotting for so long and so intricately, they had to be more vigil. Besides, they were yet getting shyam appear before them.

"You are just jealous because I thought of this idea and you couldn't." Khushi replied nonchalantly.

Arnav couldn't believe his ears, she was serious! Would she ever learn to not put herself in trouble ever? "Do you even understand damn it? It's too risky and-"

But Arnav couldn't complete that sentence as he was promptly reprimanded by khushi's new bodyguard!

"ASR! Meri Khushi didi se thik se baat karo (Talk to my Khushi didi nicely)!" Aarav commanded in stern voice, as stern as an 8-year-old could manage!

"What the-" did that kid just call khushi- Arnav's wife khushi- his didi? As in aarav's sister?

Aarav came and sat beside Khushi who caressed his hair lovingly, much to Arnav's annoyance and mami ji's shock who just came towards the dining table.

"Hello hi bye bye, bhat ijj this miracles (what's this miracle)? Ee chota packetwa toh phati sa- hamara matlab khushi bitiya ka phirend (friend) kaise hui gawa (ho gaya) (How has this small packet become khushi's friend). How did this happen?" mami ji asked, ready to put her detective glasses.

Khushi smiled. By then Anjali, Payal and Nani ji too had joined the table.

The topic was dropped but they all noticed aarav's special preference to khushi. In fact, he didn't talk to or respond to anyone but khushi! Surprisingly, shital was missing from the table and thankfully, Dadi too had been out since the morning.

Soon, everyone finished their breakfasts, but they had engrossed themselves in some chatter when they heard Arnav talk to Khushi,

"Khushi, chalo mere sath (come with me), we need to talk." Arnav said, ready to hold khushi's hand.

But before Khushi could get up, Aarav got up and stood in front of her chair as if her shield. Anjali, Payal and nani raised their eyebrows in amusement while Khushi was too overwhelmed with aarav's protectiveness.

"Where are you taking her? and why?" Aarav asked Arnav.

Arnav clenched his fists. He so wanted to snap at that 'small packet' in mami's words saying this was his wife and he didn't need anyone's permission-let alone a kid's-to talk to her, but he controlled his urge. Khushi apparently supported aarav's claims on her.

"Why don't you also come with us, hmm?" Arnav said in as much 'civil' tone as he could.

He then addressed the other 4 ladies there, his nani, Di, payal and mami, "Actually, aap log bhi chaliye (you all also come with us), I want to talk with you all."