NSIV Pro - part 6

Q/N - you all probably already know this, but this book is not serious angst genre but more of drama and satire. I try to let my writing reflect that but just in case it wasn't clear...

--*--

After everyone left their room, Arnav and Khushi were left alone, much to Arnav's happiness and Khushi's irritation. He was looking for reasons to be with her alone in order to win her heart while the missus was looking for reasons to be as far away from the temporary husband as possible!

She looked around the room, everything looked perfect, nothing for her to be occupied and keep busy. Just then her eyes caught an empty water jug and thinking it as a perfect excuse, she decided to leave the room (and a confused-looking Arnav) behind!

Arnav saw her ready to leave the room and he quickly moved to stand before her, stepping in her way, spreading his hands,

"You can't leave."

She looked at him with so much anger that he legit thanked his stars that looks didn't kill!

"Kyun nahi ja sakte (why can't I leave)?" She asked.

"Bass, nahi ja sakti (Just that you can't go)." he provided the lamest reason- well no reason!

She suppressed the urge to throw that water jug at him, but the jug was quite dear to her, so she decided against it and let her anger be shown through her words instead,

"Aapne humein samajh kya rakha hai(What do you think of me)? Ek bechari abla naari kismat ki maari(Poor helpless woman)? I can go whenever and wherever I want!" She said and stomped her foot. However, ASR had lost her at 'abla naari'.

"Abla- what?" a man with weak hindi language skills asked.

"Abla naari. Helpless woman!" she replied with gritted teeth.

Arnav sighed. The khushi he knew was anything but helpless. However, he had tried his best to make her helpless. Now no more.

"Khushi. I just wanted to talk to you about something really important."

She narrowed her eyes. Now what did this man- who was her husband for 9 more days- wanted to talk?

"About what?" she asked.

"About our marriage-"

"-Contract marriage. For 6 months. And it's about to get over in the next few days." she corrected him.

He felt a blow straight to his heart, "Do you really want it to be over Khushi?" he asked in a low, tender voice.

Khushi looked away. She couldn't look into his eyes and lie! "It doesn't matter Arnav ji. We did not complete any proper ritual of our marriage. What we did was not a marriage but treachery, a contract for 6 months. And it will be over soon." Her own voice became soft while saying that and then before she could let her moist eyes be seen by Arnav, she pushed him out of her way and left the room.

Arnav punched the wall in frustration! Every time he was trying to make her understand, make her see he regretted his past behavior and wanted a real marriage with her, things became further complex.

He had to solve this mess. And he had only a few days to do that.

However, unfortunately, their conversation was heard by Shital who was eavesdropping on them, and her joy knew no bounds hearing about arnav and khushi not being real husband and wife!

--*--

Sheetal saw the entire Raizada family sitting in the hall, chitchatting in a merry mood. She decided this was a good chance to use Aarav and sow seeds of doubts in Khushi's mind as well as Raizadas' mind.