NSIV Pro - Part 3

This one is for panyasethi for rooting for this season and new updates ♥

--*--

After Anjali went back to her room, Arnav looked at Khushi. He needed to talk to her, to tell her he wanted her to live with him not just until the contract lasted or until they sent Shyam to hell, but beyond that. For an entire lifetime. Because that was all he constantly thought about. If only he could verbalize it, if words came to his rescue. They always failed him when he needed to talk to her! He was trying to form the correct sentences in his mind, when he heard her,

"Hum sone ja rahe hai (I am going to sleep)." she declared, ending his self-talk early.

"What? But why?" he asked, in panic. She looked at him as if he had grown 2 more heads.

"Because it's night?" She said in a questioning tone, "Normal people sleep at this time. Baki aap ki jo marzi ho(Otherwise whatever you wish), you can do it." She calmly said and pulled the comforter over her body. His face paled.

Honestly, she was not sleepy, but she didn't want to talk to him. She felt bad for speaking rudely with him, but she had learnt the lesson hard way. Especially after their recent fights over her returning to bua ji's house. She remembered the recent days of the past. After Di had tried to harm herself and her baby, Arnav had taken his anger on Khushi, telling her he regretted meeting her. So, she was all ready to leave him and his life. For good. But he had come back and stopped her. And when she had refused to stay, he had resorted to reminding her of their contract marriage which was still some 15 days short of expiry date. With tears in her eyes, she had asked him if he still considered their marriage as a contract and he had told her he didn't need to because it was what it was, a contract. And if she didn't abide by it, he would break her jiji's marriage.

"Ab tak toh tum mujhe jaan hi chuki hogi (You must know me well by now)." he had warned her.

"Haan, jaan chuke hai. Ki aap jo hain, wohi rahenge, ek shaitaan (Yes, I do. That you will stay what you are, a devil). Aur jab bhi hum bhulne lagenge, aap hamara dil todenge, humein yaad dilayenge (and whenever I will try to forget, you would remind me, break my heart)." she said, with tears in her eyes.

Agreed, she was not blame free, especially with this entire Shyam fiasco. She had hidden the truth of Shyam's true nature from him and his family for months. But she did that for his own good, didn't she? And when she had gone to meet Di that night, it was not to provoke her to harm herself but to make her eat something for the sake of her baby. How would she know Anjali would be so weak that moment to take that harsh step? Thank Devi maiyya that Arnav had reached on time that day and saved Anjali from doing anything severe... and thank devi maiyya again, that now Anjali had found out the truth and was herself asking them to punish shyam!

Arnav closed his eyes in helplessness. When would he be able to seize the opportunity and have one proper good talk with her? To tell her that the contract did not mean anything, there was none to begin with, that he did all that to just keep her tied to him. That night, when his bitter tongue had once again hurt her in an attempt to stop her from leaving or later, when his shaatir deemagh (cunning brain) had made a plan to buy bua ji's house and manipulate khushi to return to him, it was all to bring her back to him. But during all this, he seemed to hurt her more every time than anything else...what was he missing?

He sighed. At least, now with Di realizing shyam's true face, he had one thing less to worry about and he could intensify his efforts to bring the snake out of whichever hole he was hiding in and give him a slow, torturous death for hurting the two most precious people in his life, his sister and his wife!