s2 - chapter 8 (finale)

Q/N - Before starting the last chapter of season-2, let me take this moment to thank everyone who stuck by this book, right from season-1 and/or joined in season-2. Thank you! ❤

Also, let me take this chance to reiterate the underlying message of this book, amidst all the drama, is that abuse of any kind is not ok! whether it's a man or a woman, no one is allowed to play with anyone's dignity and safety! In fact, let me now add, not just ladies, any man or woman is equipped to fight for their dignity and against emotional/physical abuse.

With that in mind, read on:

--*--

Arnav and Anjali were in one car while a number of police vans were already zooming towards the last traced location of Shyam, i.e. the ATM from which he did the transaction. Amidst all this, Arnav had also realized the gun that Khushi carried was empty, he himself had removed the bullets last night and as he feared, it got confirmed when he checked the locker in their room before leaving! So khushi was unarmed and alone! His only hope now was a divine intervention of some sorts, if only God existed!

'Please keep Khushi safe, she trusts on you so much.' Arnav prayed to some unnamed, unknown deity up in the sky.

--*--

After ensuring Subhadra Malik was not a hindrance anymore, Shyam got on driver's seat. Confronting her had already taken lot of time, he didn't want anymore delay, not after knowing that police and possibly Arnav too were already hounding for him. Although he doubted they would know where to look for him...

He had barely driven some distance, when he sensed some movement behind his back. SH*T, he swore, Khushi was awake! His fear got confirmed after looking in the mirror and before he could take a step to scare her, he felt a cold metal touch his neck! A GUN! SHE HAD A GUN!!

Khushi had been awake for a few minutes before that act, and she sensed two things, one her babuji was not with Shyam and second, the gun was empty! She had tried pulling trigger immediately and that is when she realized her misfortune. Her first instinct was horror as now as she was completely defenseless. But then she took a deep breath to think and realized, only she knew gun wasn't loaded, HE DIDNT!!

--*--

Arnav stopped the car when he reached the ATM location, and sure enough there was a big old Devi maiyya temple nearby, as Khushi had told him in her message. He, Anjali and accompanying police squad started looking in the area nearby shouting for Khushi and asking people if they had seen her, showing her photo. But this area was neither very populated, nor looked like a good locality, for there was gambling happening in open, drunk people roaming around in broad daylight!

Arnav was going crazy with worry for Khushi and felt his breathing had become shallow which could lead to a nervous breakdown but he had to continue the search, to save her. 

And that's when they heard faint cries from nearby. From a shady basement to be specific...

"DADI" Anjali rushed to her. Sure enough it was Subhadra who lied at the bottom of the staircase of the building and there was a huge pool of blood near her head. But looked like she was determined to keep breathing, to not stop until she met someone...someone who could save Khushi! Arnav stood there horrified, as Dadi looked at him with tear filled, dropping eyes,

"Arnav! Save Khushi! dama-Shyam..that evil.. has her. The car...its DL01,089*" Subhadra Malik somehow conveyed to Arnav ..what she had to.. the car number that Shyam used to abduct Khushi... while the police who had accompanied immediately relayed that message to all patrolling police squads in the search of Khushi Raizada.