S3 - chapter 13

here's the next chapter as promised! Also, happy Dussehra to folks in India:)

--*--

"What do you mean Premji is not coming?" Anjali asked in an exasperated tone when Khushi told her Prem won't be coming for dinner.

"He has some other commitments Di, he said he will come tomorrow." Khushi tried to answer in as much neutral tone as she could and left from there. She and Arnav had an important call to attend anyway.

On the other hand, Shital was busy being oblivious to the destruction that was soon coming to hit her. So, she continued with her own 'plan'. A plan which was doomed from the word go.

"Prem wouldn't have said no, if Khushi invited him." Shital's voice made Anjali startled, as she was lost in her thoughts. In fact, similar thoughts as what Shital just loudly said.

"Shitalji, do you also think so?" Anjali asked in a low voice

"Sadly, yes Di, and not only me, but everyone also knows it. See, this news for example, it's the picture from the charity dinner where Khushi and Prem went together. and they have a picture from the airport too. It's clear that Prem and Khushi are closer than what they show" Shital made sure to give fire to the fear in Anjali's mind...no, not for breaking her chote's marriage but if Khushi was once again snatching another man that Anjali loved...

Shaking her head to dismiss her thoughts, Anjali changed the topic, "Where is Aarav? did he have his dinner yet?"

"No, not yet, he said he will eat later."

"Same as Chote, he also never eats on time." Anjali unfortunately kept giving more fodder to shital to make her case

"Hmm. Aarav is like his father; in fact, he keeps asking for his father. If only I could tell him-"

"Tell him what Shitalji?"

"Nothing di." shital faked wiping her tears and left from there making Anjali wonder what she was trying to say

.

.

When the call ended, Khushi was frustrated with the way PI said he needed more time

"He is useless Arnavji, is this how someone does investigation? I was far better than this when you were kidnapped." She said in a mocking tone

"Ouch!" he said, seemingly offended and then said with a huge grin, "Why don't you lead the way? Until the 'useless PI' gets his brain working, I am sure my Ms.SmartVixen can do her wonders." Arnav tried to win some brownie points. He knew he had lacked in praising her before!

"Watch me Mr. Raizada!" Khushi said, and they left the room for dinner

.

.

Shital had deliberately put the newspaper-and its page 3 up, right on the dinner table! She had to use the opportunity! And as expected, as one by one Raizadas came there, they curiously took the paper one by one and were hurt by seeing Khushi and Prem being talked about, in a gossip column.

When Arnav and Khushi came there, and saw what was going on, Arnav snatched the paper from Anjali's hands, crumbled it and threw away! But Khushi knew what was going on. She took her seat calmly and waited for Ms. Bimbo to open her loud mouth!

"Throwing the newspaper won't help na Arnav? People are talking all over the news about Khushi and Prem, it brings so much bad reputation to this family." Shital taunted, and Khushi found what she was looking for. But before she could say something, Anjali butted in