hyunsuk

Member: Choi Hyunsuk [requested by 2leeskyte]
Genre: Fluff
AU: nonidol!au, teens!au
Warnings: none
Summary: Y/n's best friend was tired of Y/n not giving love a shot after her parents split, so she tried her luck and told Y/n to talk to a boy that she could possibly reopen her heart to. Who would've known he was just the convenience store cashier that she sees on the daily?

-

"It's not like this is gonna hurt you, Y/n come on your parents split like what? Almost eight years ago and your mom is doing fine with her current boyfriend" Y/n's best friend Chaeyoung whined, meanwhile the latter shook her head.

"Chae we've had this conversation one too many times, I don't think you can convince me otherwise" Y/n sighed, then suddenly, as if a light bulb has been switched on, Chaeyoung thought of an idea.

"Here, you don't need to date this boy but since we're still in a pandemic at least try talking to him and maybe get to know him, then maybe when you're ready, you could go on a date" Chaeyoung said enthusiastically, already punching in a number on Y/n's phone and adding the contact on kakaotalk.

"Are you sure this dude isn't some axe murderer or some psychopath? Chaeyoung you can't just throw me at random dudes I don't know, let alone haven't met in real life" Y/n said worriedly, but was brushed off again by Chaeyoung.

"You'll be fine, this guy is one of Ryujin's friends and he doesn't bite, he's actually pretty cool. Oh by the way, I kinda have to go now, Dahyun unnie needs me to do something for her and I promised to be early" Y/n nodded as Chaeyoung left.

The girl contemplated for awhile looking at the contact on her phone. "Hyunsuk ay? His profile picture is adorable" Y/n smiled seeing a picture of a baby with a backwards snapback.

She decided to send him a message, she decided she wasn't getting any younger and the thought of not experiencing a coming of age love did kind of make her anxious.

Y/N: hey is this hyunsuk? im y/n a friend of chaeyoung's

Y/n didn't expect anything but seemed to instantly get a reply. "Wow he's fast" she mumbled and looked at the message.

Hyunsuk: oh hey its nice to meet you ig chae was playing cupid :)

Y/n: yeah sorry for that aaa

Hyunsuk: nonsense im open for anything new i hope we get closer y/n..oh btw i'll be right back i have work rn can i text u later?

Y/n: yeah ofc! ill see you later hyunsuk :)

Then she turned off her phone for a second to process everything. "He seems so sweet already ugh...Maybe I need to go out for a bit" Y/n sighed and went to grab a mask and her wallet, she was going to the CU nearby to get some snacks.

Since the convenience store was only a short walk away, Y/n was there in around three or so minutes. Then she walked in seeing the usual clerk at the counter, they had somehow become acquaintances after Y/n's many late night run ins whenever she was hungry.

"Hey! You're finally back, I haven't seen you in awhile" He smiled at her behind his mask and Y/n smiled back. "Yeah, been kinda busy with school these days and got less cravings, but here I am now" The clerk simply laughed and Y/n continued piling snacks into her basket.

"Will this be it?" Y/n nodded and he checked out all her items as she handed him her card to pay. "Have a nice day, I'm glad to see you again" Y/n blushed and thanked him before walking out. "What was that..." she breathed out and shook her head, making her way back home.

Since that encounter, Y/n had been talking to Hyunsuk more, getting to know him and vice versa. One day they both decided to finally show each other how they look like since it seemed safe to reveal their faces by then.

Hyunsuk: wow you look pretty chae and ryu weren't lying

Y/n: it's nothing now come on ur turn 👎

Hyunsuk: fine fine *1 attachment*

Y/n wasn't expecting much once again, but when she opened the photo, she came face to face with a really handsome guy. "Woah..." Y/n looked at the pic in awe. From his little nose crunch to his perfect lips, he was gorgeous.

Hyunsuk: you're taking awhile it's making me anxious 😭

Y/n: sorry you just look really handsome

Hyunsuk: pls im not all that but ty 😭

Y/n: shut up you look so cute

Then it seemed that Hyunsuk had left Y/n on read for awhile. "He's usually at work at this hour, I shouldn't get so worked up...Maybe I should head to the CU for awhile again, I ran out of candy" Y/n sighed and got ready to go out again.

At the CU, she walked in and saw the clerk who always just had a shift around the afternoon. "Hey there again" the clerk said cheerfully, and Y/n greeted him back. "Hi, how've you been?" she smiled and grabbed a few candies she wanted to eat that day.

"Been well, how are you?" he replied and checked his phone for something. "Been the same, hey wait..." Y/n went up to the counter and looked closely at the clerk's face, then observed him for a few seconds.

"Hyunsuk?" Y/n questioned, and the clerk's eyes visibly widened. "Took you long enough" he laughed, and checked out her items. "How about a date now that we've finally crossed paths?" he smiled, and Y/n nodded, looking away a bit flustered. "I'd like that, see you around Hyunsuk" Y/n smiled and walked away, giddy as ever. The man who reopened her heart really was just around the corner, literally.