jihoon

member: park jihoon
au: non-idol!au, highschool!au, childhood friends to lovers!au
genre: fluff, just pure fluff
warnings: none
summary: Y/N had just moved back home to Korea and started senior high school in the same school she went to for the last 5 years. She reunites with her childhood best friend Park Jihoon, and things go upside down with their feelings...

Jihoon and Y/N have been friends since sixth grade, and it's only obvious how close they are. They're now in their last year of high school together, and haven't had a single moment apart, despite their different friend groups. They were basically like two peas in a pod...

Y/N's P.O.V

I had just come back from Japan about a month ago, and school immediately started right after I moved. My mom and I were the ones staying in Korea, while my dad was still in Japan for work. So while I was here for my last year, my mom just decided to let me stay in the same school I've been in since first grade.

Jihoon was coming over soon for the weekend, so I planned a really special activity for the both of us. I gathered all our memories from elementary to now, and made a whole special video dedicated to our friendship. I turned my room into a small theater too, with little fairy lights and a projector in front of my bedroom wall.

"Y/N come down! Jihoon's already here!" My mom called from downstairs. Making sure that everything was all set, I immediately ran downstairs to greet my childhood best friend. "Jihoon! My bae! I missed you!" I jumped on him as he laughed heartily. We let him in and I led him to my room to set down his bags, while my mom set the table downstairs.

"Wow, nothing's changed in your room Y/N, but I do like your lights, it's cute..." Jihoon smiled, and I looked away. "Thanks, I'll be downstairs, get comfortable and come down when you're ready" I smiled back at him, and he nodded.

I went downstairs to help my mom set the table as we made small talk. "Mom, thank you so much for convincing dad to let Jihoon stay over...I really missed my best friend and I can't thank you enough for that" I smiled at my mom. She cooed at me and I giggled.

"Of course, Y/N, I know how you feel towards Jihoon" my mom whispered, and I almost dropped the plate. "But mom, I haven't told anyone, not even Aiko" I whispered back. Before my mom could say anything else, Jihoon finally came downstairs.

"Jihoon! Why don't you go take a seat, the food is almost ready" my mom said warmly. "Thank you auntie" Jihoon looked at me, and I nodded at him. He sat at the table as I followed suit. "I'm relieved your dad allowed this, because honestly...I really...really wanted to spend time with you" Jihoon smiled shyly.

"Same here, I'm glad I'm finally back after being in Japan for a year" I smiled back at him, my cheeks turning pink. It was flustering because we both matured and looked different, Jihoon especially looked more attractive.

"Now Jihoon, do you have a girlfriend?" I asked him teasingly, even though it hurt. "Y/N, I'm too good for a girlfriend, and nobody has really caught my eye, so I was never really interested much" Jihoon said, and I felt a small sliver of hope. "How about you? Had a boyfriend or anything?" Jihoon teased back, and I shook my head.

Yes it's true a lot of classmates of mine have tried to ask me out, but they just couldn't reach the standard of my best friend. "A lot of guys tried asking me out, but I was busy with my studies so I never really paid interest either" that was a lie, I just wanted Jihoon. Jihoon hummed as we continued eating dinner.

After dinner, we brushed our teeth and got comfortable in my room. Jihoon changed into his pajamas while I started setting up the projector. "Y/N, what's all this?" Jihoon asked, as he jumped on my bed. I was honestly comfortable on sharing a bed with him because we've been like this since sixth grade obviously.

"I prepared this for our six year friendship anniversary" I smiled slyly, and turned on the projector. "You ready? Don't cry ok?" I joked, and Jihoon started fake crying. I hit his shoulder playfully and started the video.

The first video played and it was our first time hanging out together. We were roaming around the mall acting like idiots and doing stupid things. Next was our hangout during freshman year, we went ice skating with Junkyu and Hyunsuk. Jihoon held my hand, but also tried to push me over while teasing me the whole time.

One of the videos was of Hyunsuk filming us bickering across the rink as Junkyu laughed in the background, it made me so embarrassed while Jihoon just laughed at the video. The last video ended up hitting home way harder than expected and we both teared up a bit because of it.

It was a video of us hugging and leaving to the airport together, his parents took us to the airport, and we both held our hands tightly. Then, the hug, our last hug before I was gone for a year. After the last video, it was a slideshow of our pictures, and we both cried a lot. Suddenly, Jihoon turned to me.

"I love you so much Y/N" Jihoon said, his eyes glassed over. "I love you so much too Jihoon..." I said, as I kissed him. What we didn't realize was that this opened a new chapter of our relationship.