haruto

member: watanabe haruto
au: non-idol!au, skaterboy!au
genre: fluff
warnings: none
summary: y/n has had enough of their toxic household and decides to run away from home, they run away to their best friend's dorm, and he makes running away a bit more thrilling than they had ever imagined...

a/n: also i made the reader gender neuteral since i wanna cater to everyone :D

"Don't make me mad again Y/N, you always wanna sell your stuff to buy something else when it's not even your own money" My mom barked. It was getting old and I never really understood why my mom was so mad, I'm trying to help them, but I guess she took it the wrong way. I got tired of listening and just went on my phone.

When my mom was finally done yelling and lecturing me, I locked my doors and plotted to run away. I was probably gonna run away to my best friend Haruto's dorm for the time being, and might stay there for the time being until I was stable enough to go home again.

I grabbed my school backpack, a big duffle bag and unlocked my room door, proceeding to slip out my bedroom window carefully. I passed by my house carefully, jumped the gates and made my way to the subway station.

On the train, I called Haruto to tell him that I was on my way to their place. "I'll wait for you outside the station with Yoshi hyung ok?" Haruto said, and I thanked him. When I got out of the station, I spotted them and immediately ran into Haruto's arms. I started sobbing, and he just hugged me back softly.

"Y/N, let's bring you inside" Haruto said, and I followed them into their apartment building. In their dorm, I was sat on the couch, curled up in Haruto's arms. "Why did you run away Y/N?" Yoshi asked me, and I started explaining to them that I felt so suffocated in my own house.

"Stay here as long as you want then, I'm sorry this is happening to you" Yoshi sighs. "Thank you guys, really..." I cuddled closer to Haruto, and Yoshi suddenly got up. "I'll leave you two alone, I'm gonna go sleep since we still have practice tomorrow...If you want we can go around the skate park tomorrow, goodnight you two" Yoshi said, and we bid him goodnight.

"What about Mashiho and Asahi?" I asked Haruto, and he explained that they were already sleeping, and Jihoon was sleeping at the other dorm. So we hung out in his room for the time being.

As we were jamming out to music, he suddenly pulled out a neatly wrapped box. "What's this?" I ask him, and he just motions for me to open it. Slowly ripping the wrapping off and carefully opening the box, I pulled out a skateboard that had checkered print at the bottom.

"Are you serious?!" I exclaimed, and Haruto just shrugged sheepishly. I started tearing up and hugged him so tightly. "Thank you so much ohmygod, you don't know how long I've been waiting for this! I don't need to borrow from you guys anymore" I smiled, and he just chuckled at me. "Let's take it out for a spin tomorrow then, we can skate the day away and hang out ok?" Haruto smiled, and I nodded enthusiastically.

Maybe running away isn't that bad after all...

———————