doyoung

member: kim doyoung
au: non-idol!au, best friends to lovers!au
genre: slight angst, fluff
warnings: none
summary: Y/N has a crush on Haruto Watanabe, a classmate of hers, but what happens when he gives her false hope, just because he liked her best friend? She falls into a deep heartbreak, but what happens when her other best friend Doyoung comes to save her heart?

You were cold to me, that's what you always were, but that was after everything happened. I really liked you, and it started during the school bake sale. When I approached you, I realized I wanted to befriend you, and we hit it off well at first, but things started to go downhill. That night, you found out from my best friend that I had liked you, and after that, you acted up around me.

"Y/N, do you think Ruto likes me? Ugh I dunno but I just have a bunch of mixed feelings for him" I was annoyed by my best friend at this point, because she knew I still had lingering feelings for him. Not to mention, she betrayed me and told him I had a crush on him.

"Yeah whatever, I dunno" I rolled my eyes at her, suddenly Dohyun came over on the grass and sat beside us. "I heard he found out, he told me, and I didn't know what to say...God I feel so bad for you Y/N, whoever told him must've been salty or something" Dohyun handed me a banana milk and I nodded.

"Hey! Don't be like that! I told him because he was curious..." Saerom whined. "That still doesn't give you a reason to tell the person she likes about how she felt, she wanted to hide her feelings, so you should've respected her decision" Dohyun sighed. Before I could say anything, my phone rang beside me. "Y/N, I think you should get that" Saerom pointed at my phone, and I looked at the caller I.D. I just decided to hang up and texted them that I would call later.

"Do you guys wanna get boba after academy ends? I'm so starved" Dohyun whined. "We don't have to go today if you don't want, I wanna skip today honestly, and besides, my parents won't care because I'm with you" I punched his shoulder playfully. "I'm down to skip, also it's the last period today, so let's go..." Saerom stood up and dusted her skirt, and Dohyun and I followed.

Our last period finally ended, and we walked to the boba shop nearby. While Dohyun took our orders, I found a seat by the window and waited with Saerom. I started texting the person who called awhile ago out of boredom and told them I'd call them once I get home. "I'm finally here with your orders" Dohyun said in his British accent, and I laughed. "Guys, Ruto told me that he'd tell me something tomorrow..." Saerom ruined the mood, and don't get me wrong, we loved her, but she just wasn't acting like a true friend at this point.

So I cleared my throat and told her Dohyun and I had to go first. Luckily her parents had already arrived to pick her up, so I sighed in relief. "Good save" Dohyun laughed, as we walked to the bus stop. "Please, she wasn't acting like a friend, when I clearly told her I still had some feelings for him" I sighed.

"Truth be told, why don't you date Doyoung hyung? He treats you so well, and it's so obvious he likes you" Dohyun teased, as we tapped our transportation cards. "Dohyun, he's my best friend, he doesn't like me, and he's supposed to treat me well because we're besties" I opposed, and Dohyun nodded and hummed.

Once I got home, I did my usual routine, washed up and called Doyoung as I did my homework. "Hyunsuk oppa! Didn't you wanna talk to Doyoung? Come here!" I called for my brother, and he grudgingly walked into my room.

"Hi Y/N!" Doyoung greeted brightly, and I waved at him as Hyunsuk sat on my bed. "Hyunsuk hyung! Hi!" Doyoung smiled, and Hyunsuk waved back. "Y/N are you going to Yedam and Jeongwoo's school festival tomorrow?" Doyoung asked, and I turned to my brother. "She's going, don't worry" Hyunsuk laughed.