haruto

member: watanabe haruto [requested by harutots]
genre: angst, fluff
au: highschool!au
warnings: fem!reader but that's about it
summary: y/n is a nerd who wasn't well known nor popular, and was always tucked away in the corner reading a book. she didn't have many friends either, which is why she was bullied. unfortunately as well, y/n had a crush on one of the most popular students at school, haruto watanabe, but was too afraid to confess her feelings. one day, things just decided to go her way...

"Yah, where's my homework, I told you to finish it by today" Eunae, one of Y/N's bullies, pushed her against the lockers roughly. "I'm sorry Eunae, I-I had so much work to do myself—" Y/N was cut off by her other bully, Chaein. "You're so useless Choi, let's go Eunae, I heard Haruto's already here" the two got up and left, meanwhile everyone laughed at Y/N's vulnerable state.

As she was collecting her things, a particular boy looked on at her sadly, wondering why she never had any friends and why she always got bullied. Meanwhile, Y/N huffed and walked to her first class.

In class, Y/N couldn't help but look on at her crush, Haruto, who seemed to be talking to his popular and beautiful seatmate, Jang Wonyoung. Y/N, who had many insecurities herself, knew she would never have much of a chance with Haruto, so she only stuck to admiring him from afar. "If only I was like Wonyoung, but I'll never be anywhere near her..." Y/N whispered softly, pitying herself.

At lunch, Y/N sat under the big tree nearby the soccer field at their school, looking out at the soccer players, one of which, was Haruto. She would put her book down every so often just to see how happy and excited he was, which made her warm inside. 'oh to make him smile like that' Y/N thought to herself.

The girl put her book down to rest her eyes, and took out her ponytail. Rubbing her own eyes and running the other hand through her long hair, she narrowed her eyes to see Wonyoung sit at the bleachers, her bullies Eunae and Chaein chattering away with her. When the boys took a break, Wonyoung handed Haruto a water bottle and he thanked her by nodding in acknowledgement.

Y/N looked down at the book in her lap to avoid being noticed, but unbeknownst to her, she had caught Haruto's attention. He looked at her with warmth, still wondering why nobody as beautiful as her had any friends.

To him, Y/N's knowledge had only made her more alluring. While questions were racing through his mind, he was suddenly called by his friends, who were heading back into the school building. Haruto took one last look at the girl and jogged up to his own friends.

At the end of the school day, Y/N passed by Wonyoung and Haruto, who she assumed was confessing her feelings towards him. "I'm happy for them, they seem cute I guess..." Y/N sighed, and wiped a stray tear down her face. On the other hand, Haruto wasn't thrilled at all. He knew he would never feel the same way with Wonyoung as he did with Y/N.

"I'm sorry Wonyoung, I don't like you that way, and I've had someone on my mind for awhile already...I hope you understand, anyways, get home safe..." The boy walked off and left the girl standing in shock. Haruto didn't know what had possessed him, but Y/N was all he could think of right now, too bad he was too scared to confess his feelings towards her.

Haruto's crush on Y/N didn't go unnoticed by Wonyoung though, for she was the one who sent Chaein and Eunae to bully her.

The next day, Y/N came to school with minimal to almost no makeup, contacts and her hair was down and framing her face. This was honestly her rushed look for school, because she had almost missed her bus and had to make do with what she has in her bag.

"Woah what happened to Choi, she looks different" Haruto's friend, Jungwon stared at Y/N, who was changing her shoes outside their classroom door. Haruto looked over, and he swore he felt his heart beat a thousand times faster. Y/N looked so beautiful, he didn't know the words to describe her. "Hey back off, mine" Haruto continued staring, and his friend chuckled.

Everyone was shocked at how Y/N's beauty went unnoticed, it was bizarre at how her supposed 'messy' look was the one that suited her best. "Yah nerd, what's with you today? Did you finish our essays we asked you to do?" Chaein growled at Y/N, but the girl shook her head. "What's going on here? Leave her alone will you?" Haruto stood up for Y/N, and she was in shock.

"You got off this time nerd, but watch out because we're not gonna leave you alone" Eunae scowled. "If you bother Y/N again, you have a price to pay" Haruto said through gritted teeth.

The two girls left, and Haruto turned to Y/N, who was still processing what just happened. "Are you alright? I'm so sorry if they bothered you" The boy smiled at her softly and slid into the seat next to her. "I'm alright, thank you for sticking up for me...They've been bullying me for awhile" Y/N said softly.

"Yeah, I've noticed...Oh by the way, if they bother you again, just tell me ok?" Haruto got bolder, and he didn't know what possessed him. "Thank you Haruto..." Y/N smiled at the boy, and he looked away, his face burning up. He nodded and went back to his original seat with his friend Jungwon.

Not even a minute later, Y/N was the talk of their whole grade, guys coming to see her and girls befriending her. Haruto was displeased with the amount of guys wanting to see his crush, so he mustered up the courage to confess. He bought banana milk and bread for Y/N at the school store and wrote a note for her to meet him at the rooftop.

When Y/N came back from break with her newfound friends, she spotted the milk and bread on her desk with a note. She picked up the note and immediately went up to the rooftop.

At the school rooftop, as expected, Haruto was there. He looked tranquil with the wind blowing in his hair, and Y/N smiled softly. The boy turned and there she was, looking just as beautiful as the last time he saw her. "Hey..." Y/N breathed out, and Haruto snapped out of his daze. "Hi" he rubbed the back of his neck softly. "You wanted to see me?" Y/N started walking towards him, and stood beside him, admiring the view.

"Yeah...Look, I uh...you're so beautiful and I've liked you for so long, I just never had the courage to tell you because I was afraid you would reject me..." Haruto confessed, and Y/N giggled. "Silly, I like you a lot too...I thought you would be with Wonyoung though, what happened?" She asked, but Haruto shook his head. "Story for another time, but would you do the honors and become my girlfriend?" He asked shyly, and Y/N nodded.

Love knows no bounds, I guess they both knew that but were just too scared to admit how they felt...