junghwan

Member: So Junghwan
Genre: Fluff (only in the beginning), Angst
AU: nonidol!au, highschool!au
Warnings: This is honestly just really sad so like prepare for heartbreak, fem!reader loses feelings (i am so sorry in advance)
Summary: Junghwan and Y/n have always liked each other, so when the time came when they dated, Junghwan thought he could marry her, but Y/n had thought otherwise beacause, love really isn't meant to last.

-

It was fall of 2020 when they met. Two bright souls at the age of fifteen, just at the start of puberty. Junghwan and Y/n, two teenagers who always adored each other, but were to afraid to admit their feelings for each other. Their friends would always try their luck for them to get together, but to no avail, until one particular day.

Junghwan and his friends were heading to the cafeteria together talking and laughing, all problems free from their minds, but as they passed by Y/n's classroom, Junghwan couldn't help but look at Y/n with her friends. He could see her in the middle of them all, her in her cute summer uniform with her hair tied in a ponytail and bangs draped over her face gently, she was so perfect. He snapped out of his daze and continued walking with his friends, Y/n's smile still replaying in his mind.

"Huh? What do you mean Mr. Woo isn't coming?" Junghwan asked, as he saw Y/n in the school dance practice room alone. "He asked me to meet him here but he hasn't been in an hour, so it's safe to say he really isn't coming" Y/n replied and turned towards him. They were both practical dance majors at SOPA, it only made sense if she knew. "Oh alright thank you for letting me know, see you around Y/n..." before Junghwan could turn to leave, she suddenly interrupted him. "WAIT— Could you come here for a second?" Y/n asked shyly, to which he felt his ears burn, but he nodded and approached her.

"Junghwan, I just wanted to tell you that...I really like you and that I've been too scared to tell you" Y/n then looked away, which left the boy shocked at the sudden confession. "Took you long enough" Junghwan laughed and Y/n looked up at the boy in curiosity. "I've always liked you too Y/n, safe for me to ask you out on a date then" he smiled, which sparked the beginning of their puppy love.

"Junghwan! Good morning!" Y/n greeted the boy as they met up at the train station. "Good morning, it's nice to see you so happy today" he flirted, meanwhile Y/n hit him playfully. "Junghwan you know I hate cheesy things like that" he laughed and before they knew it, the train had already arrived. "Alright sorry, but you look so pretty today, I honestly couldn't help it" Junghwan gave her a sweet smile and Y/n looked away trying to hide hers.

"Well aren't you two just adorable? You both remind me of when my husband and I were still teens back in the day" an old woman said from the seat beside them. "Thank you grandma, that's very sweet" Y/n said sweetly as Junghwan held her hand. "It's really nothing, I hope you both last long" the old woman said as Y/n nodded, turning to the boy and smiling. Junghwan felt his heart race, was he really falling in love all over again? "I love you" Y/n giggled, and for the first time in his life, Junghwan had found another purpose.

The circumstances are different now though, everything was changing for the couple. After a few months, the honeymoon stage was starting to wear off and things took a detour in their relationship. "Y/n do better next time" Junghwan sighed exasperated at the girl in front of him, Y/n had done the choreography wrong for the second time already. "Sorry..." she said quietly, but he just sighed and turned the music back on for them to redo the choreography. "I'm sorry for lashing out on you, here how about we go over it a few more times and we'll be done?" Y/n nodded as they both started the choreography again. The two weren't perfect, but they were in their first ever relationship and they had to understand each other bit by bit, even if it took time.

Later on, it wasn't just Junghwan, he still loved Y/n to bits, but it seemed that the girl was slowly detaching from the relationship, mostly emotionally but now physically. "Junghwan, is it alright if I eat with my girl friends for awhile?" she asked him, and he was shocked, the two always ate together with his friends and some of hers, but all of a sudden she just wanted to eat with just them now? "Oh that's fine, you have fun ok?" he smiled and Y/n nodded before walking off to her friends.

That same day, Junghwan had taken Y/n home as usual, but she was very quiet. "Hey, are you ok? You've been so quiet" he asked, and she shook her head. "I'm fine, just thinking" Y/n smiled and reassured Junghwan by holding his hand and giving it a squeeze. This seemed to calm him down a bit and he nodded in understanding.

A few weeks later, Y/n had already seemed to treat him as if he wasn't her boyfriend anymore, which left Junghwan dumbfounded. Not only that, he had overheard Y/n talking to her friends and it left him with an aching heart.
"Guys, I just don't think I have feelings for Junghwan anymore. He's a really sweet guy, but I guess the feelings were short lived. I don't deserve him..." Y/n said, then her friend hugged her. "Don't feel like that Y/n, it's normal for relationships not to last. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be you know?" Y/n nodded at her friend and wiped her tears, regaining her composure a bit. So she was losing feelings for him...

"Junghwan, can we talk?" The boy knew what was coming, so he nodded with a heavy heart, ready to hear out his soon to be ex girlfriend. "These past few months have been so fun with you, and you're so amazing Junghwan, I don't think I've said it enough, but...I don't think I can continue being with you" ah there it was, but Junghwan still continued listening. "I'm sorry, it's really not you, it's me...I never thought we would last and it was inevitable, but you don't deserve to be led on by someone like me. So please, let's break up" Y/n said, looking away from him. He sighed, and nodded, it was inevitable after all.

"Alright, whatever makes you happy Y/n. I hope that we both can continue to find the happiness we found in each other, in other people...Take care of yourself for me ok?" the girl nodded as they both went their separate ways. One with a heavy heart, the other with a burden finally off their shoulders.

Weeks later, it seemed like Y/n was happier than ever with a guy from the year above. Junghwan passed them as they both laughed and had bright smiles on their face, a contrast from when they were both dating, as they were both mostly too shy at first to even hold hands at first. "At least she's happy now..." he whispered and walked off.

-
a/n: in all honesty this was very hard to write since I cannot imagine Junghwan as a boyfriend like ever </3