junkyu

Member: Kim Junkyu
Genre: Angst, Fluff
AU: Soulmate!au, Nonidol!au
Warnings: none
Summary: After a bad break up through text, Y/n decides to let out their sorrow in the rain, but then runs into her ex, who confirmed it was over between them in the rain. This left Y/n soaked, wallowing in her sorrow, until her soulmate had finally arrived.

-

Ah soulmates, everyone knows they have one, be it platonic or romantic. Either way, in this world, meeting your soulmate can come in different ways, but Y/n unfortunately didn't believe she had one. With a heart locket of her soulmate given since birth, Y/n still refused to wear it thinking it was all nonsense, she couldn't even bare to open it to see who it was she was fated to meet and be with forever.

"Y/n, when you meet your soulmate your locket will switch colors and permanently lock itself, meaning you have found the one" her mother said, combing her hair. Y/n sulked, not fascinated with the idea of the soulmates even by a bit. "But mom, why can't we decide our own fate?" she asked, and her mom paused, then combed her hair again. "We can't exactly decide our own fate Y/n because the devine universe will always find us another half, someone who completes us, who simply understands us no matter what" Y/n's mother said, and kissed the little girl at the top of her head.

"You may not understand it right now dear, but once the time comes, you may be able to live your life full of love alongside the person you are fated to be with" Y/n's mother said one last time and left, leaving the girl in her bed. "Huh, I'm sure I can find a way to break whatever this is..." she sulked, and held the pendant of the locket. "This once shouldn't hurt..." then opened it to see a boy her age, he was cute actually. Then Y/n stopped and closed the locket immediately, drifting off to dreamland.

It's been thirteen years since then, and Y/n has grown up to be a mature young woman working in her father's company as the new ceo. "Ms Choi! Here are the documents you asked for" Dayeon, Y/n's personal assistant, handed over the stack of documents as Y/n nodded. "Thank you Dayeon, you can leave now, I'll go over these and tomorrow can be a day off for you" she smiled, but the latter shook her head. "You possibly can't Ms Choi! Thank you so much! I will continue working hard" Dayeon bowed, but Y/n dismissed her with a shake of her hand and smiled. Her assistant always worked hard and needed a well deserved break.

Once the office had finally cleared out, Y/n got a text from her boyfriend as she was getting ready to leave as well. "Huh? Why is Jisung texting me, I thought he had work..." Y/n muttered to herself and opened the text. 'Let's break up' she read, then froze. "This must be some sick joke right?" Y/n chuckled, still trying to process the text in itself. Then she toyed the locket hung around her neck out of habit. 'Jisung please tell me you're joking' Y/n replied, and walked out of her office to go down to the lobby. In the elevator she received another reply.

'I'm not joking, now can please break up I don't have time for this' Y/n's heart cracked reading the messages, this isn't possible, her and Jisung wanted to create their own fate together. Then the elevator chimed, signaling that Y/n had arrived. 'Jisung why...' she texted, then looked up to bid the receptionist at the front desk goodbye as she went out. "You've got to be fucking kidding me" Y/n seethed, heading to the spot where she usually waited for her driver outside the building.

Then she heard a familiar voice. "Y/n..." it was Jisung, and she wasn't happy. "Jisung, you can't be serious right? We promised to make our own fate together..." Y/n said softly, avoiding his gaze. "Look, we're both going to meet our soulmates one way or another eventually, and Y/n we can't keep going on like this forcing ourselves to stay with one another. We both deserve happiness, you know that, but not all things are meant to last with the wrong person" Jisung said bitterly, then it started pouring rain as he had his umbrella out.

"Sorry Y/n, but this is goodbye for good. Take care now" Jisung left, leaving Y/n in the rain soaked by herself. The tear gates had finally opened as Y/n failed to keep her composure, she was usually so strong so why now? Her and Jisung had only really ever been together for almost three years. "Why, please..." then she felt someone loom over her, along with her locket changing color. "Wait..." then she looked up and saw a boy sharing his umbrella with her. "Kim Junkyu, you?" the two then stared at each other, wondering how fate had brought them together this way.

-

a/n: happy junkyu day <3 our kyuala bear