hyunsuk

member: choi hyunsuk [requested by SharminIslam6]
genre: fluff
au: highschool!au, coming of age!au, badboy!au
warnings: mentions of smoking
summary: hyunsuk is an infamous rule breaker at y/n's highschool who was also rumored to be a player. y/n actually liked the boy, but didn't dare tell anyone besides her friends knowing that hyunsuk might play with her feelings and due to his record. what happens when hyunsuk admits that y/n was the only girl he liked and will he prove her wrong with his love?

-

It was a windy day in the spring of March and Y/n was at a convenience store near her house buying snacks. "Will this be all?" The clerk asked, giving her a smile, and Y/n nodded as she took out some money.

As Y/n was about to head out, her long time crush and well known bad boy, Choi Hyunsuk walked in. Y/n immediately avoided his eyes and walked out, trying not to grab too much attention.

Once outside, Y/n breathed out, relieved she didn't bump into him. Before she could start her walk home, she was stopped by Hyunsuk, who smiled at her sheepishly.

"Sorry, uh hi Y/n, what brings you around here?" He asked, and Y/n almost snorted, this wasn't the same Hyunsuk who walked with confidence, the Hyunsuk who would talk back to a teacher, oh no.

"Could say the same with you, I actually live around here" Y/n smiled, and Hyunsuk nodded. "I was around since my friend lives here too. Anyways, I gotta go, see you around Y/n" Y/n looked at him as he climbed onto his motorcycle, the boy giving her a small salute and a wink as a sped off. Y/n's face burned and she immediately ran back home, trying not act all giddy.

The next day at school, Y/n had told her friends about the whole encounter at the 7/11 near her apartment building. "Y/n I'm not too sure, I mean he seems like bad news" Yeosang, one of her friends, said worriedly, but Y/n wasn't in the mood to argue with him.

Sure, Hyunsuk may have broken a few school rules, had some tattoos, rode a motorcycle and smoked, but nobody is perfect, not even Y/n. To be completely honest, she has broken a few rules but after being punished by her parents, she hasn't been the same.

At that exact moment, as Y/n was about to walk out of the classroom, Hyunsuk happened to be at the door. "Hey Y/n, can I uh...talk to you?" Y/n's friends, including Yeosang, looked at the boy confused, wondering how on earth he'd suddenly become so shy. "Sure thing, guys I'll be back" Y/n smiled at her friends and walked into the hallway, trailing behind Hyunsuk.

"Y/n look, I get that this really sudden, and I know I don't have the best reputation in the book, but I wanted to let you know that I've liked you for a really long time...You're just so amazing, but I was too afraid to approach you because of my reputation..." Hyunsuk confessed, while Y/n on the other hand, was stunned to say the least.

She was always the type that wouldn't date a bad boy, like an innocent school girl who wouldn't even go near someone like Hyunsuk. Yet, something about his demeanor around her proved her otherwise.

"Hyunsuk, are you sure the rumors about you being a player aren't true?" Y/n asked hesitantly, if she was gonna accept him, she had to know if he'd break her heart or not.

"Not at all Y/n, you're the only girl I've ever wanted. I don't know where people came up with the conclusion that I was a player, but I'm definitely not" Hyunsuk rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. Y/n thought for a bit, after all, she'd liked him for a long time, so what does she have to lose?

"I've liked you too Hyunsuk, seems like you aren't the only one who was afraid" Y/n giggled, and Hyunsuk could've sworn that his heart had just melted.

"So what do you say? I take you for a ride home and we'll settle a date then?" He smiled, and grabbed her hand gently as if she was glass. "Gladly" Y/n nodded enthusiastically and held his hand back...

I guess even the biggest rule breakers have a soft heart for love.