haruto

Member: Haruto (feat. Kim Doyoung)
Genre: Fluff, Angst
AU: Hogwarts!au
Warnings: none
Summary: Gryffindor's star player Haruto has always been in love with his best friend Y/n, but what happens when it's revealed that she fell for another?

-

It was the day before the quidditch match between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, and Haruto was completely on guard, mind fully focused and training harder than ever.

"Haruto! Y/n's here for you" his teammate Mashiho called for him. Haruto then immediately flew down and got off his broom, dismissing himself and Y/n for awhile. "Hey, you needed something?" he smiled, a bit out of breath from the adrenaline rush. Y/n then handed him a small box of chocolate frogs and a bottle of water.

Haruto looked at her confused, then she took his hands and held them gently. "Good luck tomorrow, you'll do great I'm sure. Go beat Hufflepuff's ass" Y/n cheered, then let go of his hands. Haruto gripped the bottle of water and nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow, we'll be cheering you on from the stands. Good luck again, take care of yourself Haruto" Y/n smiled and left to head to the Slytherin common room.

The Gryffindor boy smiles to himself, motivation refueled as he went back to practice. Up in the pitch, the team had a short meeting and wrapped up their practice with a break. "Hey, are you dating Y/n?" his other teammate and roommate, Nam Dohyon asked curiously.

Haruto almost spat out his water but shook his head, turning to the latter. "No actually, just friends, almost siblings really" he cringed at the last part as Dohyon nodded. "Oh by the way, the Triwizard Tournament is coming up soon. Any plans of joining this year?" Haruto looked away for a second to contemplate, then he nodded.

"Yeah actually, I'm planning to" Haruto replied as they both went to go clean up the rest of the quidditch equipment.

By the time the two Gryffindors were back in their common room, it was already getting late as the crackling of fire filled the room. Suddenly Haruto immediately remembered something and tapped Dohyon on the shoulder, the poor boy was about to enter to get a good nights rest.

"Dohyon could you cover for me? Tell the prefects I'm in the bathroom or something. I need to see Y/n for a bit" Dohyon nodded and waved off Haruto before entering the common room sluggishly. Then Haruto started making his way towards the dungeons, where the Slytherin dormitories were located.

A few minutes later, Haruto had found Y/n and Doyoung talking outside the Slytherin common room in the hallway. "Haruto? What are you doing here? You shouldn't be out by now" Doyoung said, but Haruto shook his head and signaled towards Y/n.

"Could I steal her for a second? I hope it's ok with you, Y/n" Doyoung turned towards Y/n who smiled and waved him off, telling him it would only take a few minutes. "Lighten up a bit Doyoung, I'll be back" Haruto could only watch as his crush and friend interact with each other as the two left to get more privacy.

"You needed me?" She smiled gingerly. Haruto's heart couldn't handle how he felt when he saw Haneul's smile, she looked so breathtaking under the dim light.

Her hair was down naturally, out of it's normal state in a ponytail or in a small bun, as her eyes reflected the soft glow of the torches in the dungeons. "Haruto?" Haneul called, then he was snapped out of his daze.

"Sorry about that, I honestly just wanted to thank you for awhile ago since I couldn't" Haruto replied sheepishly, playing with his robe. Y/n looked away shyly and waved her hand.

"It's nothing, just work hard tomorrow ok? N-Now I have to go, Doyoung's waiting. Good luck and rest well Haruto" he nodded and watched as Y/n walked off to his friend, gaze lingering for a bit, then he left with a sigh.

-

It was then finally the day of the quidditch match and although the Gryffindor team was nervous, they tried to calm themselves as the match commencement was slowly approaching. "We can do this ok? As long as we work hard and do our best, we can get that win" their team captain, Mark Lee said as they all nodded.

Out in the pitch, all the students from the stands roared as the teams were finally making their way. Haruto was busy scanning the crowd, until he met Y/n's eyes. He gave her a smile to which she replied back with a thumbs up, signaling that Doyoung and Jeongwoo were beside her.

When the match had finally begun and the snitch was thrown, Haruto immediately bolted after the snitch. "Get you head out of the gutter Watanabe, we all know you'd never have a chance with Y/n" the Hufflepuff seeker, Jungwon, sneered. He never really liked the boy, and it was understandable why, but it also made him wonder how he ended up in said house.

Hsaruto simply shook him off and continued after the snitch, Jungwon tailing him from behind. "Cat got your tongue? Always the same Watanabe. A Gryffindor yet too afraid to admit to his crush that he likes her" Haruto grit his teeth and took a sharp turn, noticing the snitch fly under the stands.

Jungwon was right beside him, but Haruto tried to push him so he could lose the male. Then the snitch took off higher causing the Hufflepuff to lose track, which gave Haruto the chance to go after it.

With one cup of his hand, Haruto had caught the snitch and flew down. The whistle blew and Gryffindor had once again taken another victory. As everyone was cheering, Haruto saw Y/n, Doyoung and Jeongwoo cheering, which brought a small smile to his face.

Later that night, the friends had planned to meet up at the astronomy tower to congratulate Haruto on yet another win. "Y/n was nervous the whole time, her hands were all sweaty and it was so gross" Jeongwoo laughed, then Y/n hit the boy playfully on his shoulder.

"Hey I just wanted him to be safe you know! Don't you remember the amount of times he ended up in the hospital wing!" Y/n sighed as Jeongwoo muttered a short apology, hugging her and laughing again.

As the younger ones were joking along, Doyoung had come late as always. "Can't really blame her, Haneul's like the mom. Also I'm planning to join the Triwizard Tournament in the upcoming month" Doyoung said as he was making his way to sit beside Y/n.

Y/n scoot over to let Doyoung sit as the other boys followed suit. "Are you sure about this? It's dangerous you know" Y/n leaned her head on Doyoung's shoulder worriedly, but the boy only chuckled. "Don't worry about me, you shouldn't let your pretty little head messed up over me" he joked as Y/n rolled her eyes playfully.

"I have an announcement by the way" Jeongwoo suddenly cleared his throat as Haruto looked at him perplexed. "No—" he was cut off by Y/n, but he licked her hand causing her to whine. "Y/n over here has a new crush!" he exclaimed as Y/n tried to shut him up. 'No, it can't be' Haruto thought, and turned to look at Y/n and Doyoung.

-

a/n: thank you all so much for 11k! it means so much to me and im super grateful over much attention this book has gained. please continue supporting my imagines as always! also some sad news but unfortunately i have to put this book on hold as my exams are coming up very soon meaning i'll be studying, but don't worry i'll be back really soon. once again i love you all so much, thank you for the continuous support.