hyunsuk

member: choi hyunsuk [requested by dobby_tiger]
genre: fluff
au: highschool!au
warnings: none
summary: hyunsuk and y/n have always been childhood rivals in terms of their grades, but what happens when they start to see each other in a different light? what if they see each other past the rivalry and admit how they feel?

-

"Y/n second again? Aww, pretty high reach for someone like you" Hyunsuk mocked Y/n, who definitely looked like she was fuming from the inside and out.

"I'm sick of your attitude Choi, will you shut up for once? This has been going on long enough and you still find ways to taunt me. Like I get it! You're smarter than me!" The girl huffed and walked away from the scoreboard, wiping her tears and glaring back at the male.

On the other hand, the boy looked down sadly knowing he had to do this for his sake and hers.

"Choi Hyunsuk that cocky asshole! He keeps comparing your grades every year, I'm so sick of it!" Wooyoung, Y/n's best friend yelled. As her friend continued yelling profanities in the classroom, Y/n's other friends, San and Chaeyoung comforted her.

"Wooyoung will you shut up" Chaeyoung slapped the back of Wooyoung's neck, and the boy turned with a pout. "Yah! I'm not done! That bastard—" Wooyoung was then suddenly cut off.

"Woo there's literally no point, we're graduating in a year so Y/n won't deal with this anymore...All we can do right now is comfort her. Like she tried her best, and getting the top score shouldn't matter should it?" San sighed as Y/n snuggled into his hold, but the girl only looked up and gave them a sad smile.

"Guys I'll be fine, I actually like him even though we've had a tough relationship. He's not that bad, but why does he constantly target me" Y/n said softly, and Wooyoung gasped, catching everyone's attention. Chaeyoung grabbed his ear as the boy apologized.

"Woah? You two were constantly at each other's throats all exam week! It's exhausting, and now I hear that you LIKE him? Give me a break Y/n. The exam questions are getting to your head" Wooyoung whined.

Y/n just shook her head and played with the bracelet on her wrist. "Hyunsuk and I have had some encounters where he was a decent guy, and I look past the rivalry. Though I can't act on my feelings because I'm afraid it could affect my grades and his reputation" Y/n admitted.

On the other hand, Hyunsuk, who was in the other classroom, had already told his friends too and they've known for at least four years. "Are you really gonna tell her today?!" Jibeom, Hyunsuk's seatmate said.

"I might, but no idea honestly" Hyunsuk replied, looking down at his notes. He spotted some doodles he made during the times Y/n would reprimand him about how being too cocky wouldn't help him down the line.

At the end of the school day, Y/n was already packing up her things and talking to her friends who were also getting ready to leave.

"Y/n uh, Hyunsuk hyung wants to see you" Jihoon, who was Y/n and Hyunsuk's mutual friend, called to her. "Hm? Why?" The girl questioned, before accidentally slamming her locker, but the boy just shrugged.

"He's at the basketball court by the way" Y/n nodded and turned to her friends. "Wait for me ok? I'll be quick, but if I take too long you guys can go home first" her friends nodded as they headed their separate ways.

As Y/n started making her way towards the basketball court, she could see couples smiling and walking home together, a part of her wishing it was her and Hyunsuk.

At the court, Hyunsuk was shooting a ball into the hoop, and was the only one alone at the court. Y/n cleared her throat loudly to catch his attention, and sure enough it did the job.

"Y/n, hi uh" Hyunsuk rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "You wanted to see me?" She says coldly, and Hyunsuk walks closer towards her. "Look, come with me" He took her wrist and dragged her to the middle of the court, holding her hand gently.

"I know we are long time rivals and it would be a bust for us if we ever got in a relationship, because I know you wanna focus on your academics, but can we look beyond our rivalry and try again as friends?" Hyunsuk said.

"Is this really real, the Choi Hyunsuk, after six years, has finally decided to be friends with me?" Y/n joked sarcastically. "Oh shut up, but what I wanted to say was. I truly like you, a lot. That time we studied together at the library was a time I would never forget, and I cherish it so much. So why not give little Danny boy a chance huh?" Hyunsuk smiled widely.

"I'll give you this time Choi since I like you a lot too, alright. Now how about a date? My books can honestly wait for me, but I don't know about you" Y/n smiled back, and held his hand. "This weekend would be perfect. Should I walk you home then?" Hyunsuk offered, and Y/n nodded.