jeongwoo

Member(s): Park Jeongwoo
Genre: Fluff, really fluffy and adorable
AU: Nonidol!au
Warnings: none
Summary: He was an idiot but he was determined to make you smile, plus, Jeongwoo did read the idiot's guide to heartbreak.

-

"I heard you're in love" Jeongwoo sing songs. You look at him, a painful smile on your face.

"In love? Where'd you hear that from?" You chuckle. Deep down, you were trying to hide the heartbreak that was bestowed upon you.

"I mean, are you? Haruto told me you were" the boy grinned. It amused you knowing that Jeongwoo would never experience heartbreak, not when everybody around him practically loves every ounce of his own being.

"I guess you could say I was? I have no real idea of what love feels like anymore" you admitted, embarrassed by the confession.

"Well, I can help you fall in love again if that's what you want" Jeongwoo says, voice filled with determination. He was going to be the death of you honestly.

"Will you show me?" You ask, questioning his enthusiasm. He only nodded furiously as he held out his hand slightly, only for you to give him a confused look.

"What? You wanted me to show you, so take my hand" Jeongwoo huffed. You laughed, taking his hand in yours as you both ran through the dimly lit park, not a single care in the world.

Welcome to, an Idiot's Guide to Heartbreak:

Step 1. Ask the Person how they feel

You felt a ball of paper being thrown at you, and you immediately look up to see Jeongwoo crumpling another one from across the table.

"Do you need anything? I'm trying to study here you know" you roll your eyes as you grab the last piece of paper thrown at you.

"How are you? You know, after the breakup?" Jeongwoo asks, throwing the other paper he crumpled at you for the upteenth time.

Your face immediately stiffens as Liz tries to calm you down. The girl shoots Jeongwoo a disapproving look as Haruto tries to stifle a laugh from beside him.

"Jeongwoo I don't think you're supposed to ask someone how they feel after they got their heartbroken" Baeksung grimances.

Jeongwoo gives you an apologetic look as you shrug in reply. He didn't mean to, he only followed the book and you knew he meant well.

Step 2. Comfort the person who got their heart broken

A knock echoes across your room. You look up from your sketchbook and tell the person knocking to come in. Then you turn around to see Jeongwoo with a bag in his hand.

"Sorry about yesterday, I didn't know that I was touching on a sensitive subject. So to make it up to you, and with help from the others, I got your favorite food and some other things you might like" Jeongwoo said sheepishly, and holding the bag towards you.

You smile and walk over to him to retrieve the bag, after all, he did go through a lot of effort just to give you the things inside of it. There were a few candies, some family sized bags of chips and sanrio themed stationery and art supplies.

"Jeongwoo what?! You didn't have to get me all this! I'll pay you back I promise, but thank you so much for these!" You felt bad, yet it was the thought that counts, so you made it a reason for him to compensate for whatever he said about your heartbreak.

Step 3. Offer a good distraction for the person who's heart had been broken

"Do you wanna go to the arcade?" Jeongwoo suddenly quipped. You looked at him and shrugged, you had nothing better to do anyway so why not kill time?

"I don't see why not. Let me change and we can go right after" you reply, and stand up, getting ready to change into something comfortable.

"I'll wait downstairs then! And don't take too long, you already look good" Jeongwoo teased. This comment flustered you as you threw a pillow at him, the boy only laughing as he dodged your attempt.

After changing into a casual long sleeved zip up and sweats, you walk downstairs to see Jeongwoo on the couch, mindlessly scrolling through his phone.

"There you are! Now come on, we don't have all day" he grins. The two of you slip on your shoes and walk to the arcade just a few blocks away from your neighborhood.

"You're paying this time ok? I paid for our food already last time we were out so it's only fair you spend your money too" you jeered. Jeongwoo rolls his eyes playfully and nods, taking out his wallet to pay for tokens and a card.

The two of you had spent a few more hours playing games before finally growing tired and getting ready to go home.

"Wait Jeongwoo! Let's take one picture in the photobooth!" You say excitedly, dragging the poor boy over to the corner with two photobooths.

"Y/n I'm so tired though" Jeongwoo whined, but it was far too late. You two were already seated in the photobooth, and the timer had already started.

"Wait how do I po—" the shutter clicked and Jeongwoo couldn't even react as you leaned in did a heart pose.

"Jeongwoo pay more attention! Come on one more" you giggle, getting ready to do a different pose. Though, Jeongwoo had other ideas in mind for this picture.

As the shutter clicked again, you felt a soft sensation on your cheek, and before you even realized, Jeongwoo had kissed you.

"How's the picture?" He asked, as if he hadn't kissed you a second prior. You stared at the photo and hid your face, it was a cute picture, you couldn't deny it, but it left you flushed.

That's when Jeongwoo realized he didn't need to do step four of the guide, because he could just mend your heart differently in his own way.