2 | Thoughts of you

-Noah-
3 years ago. Manhattan, New York.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

I watch as my best friend kisses the girl who he loves. Jax and Elena officially become a married couple and I rise from my chair and clap for them.

"You're doing it again." Liam whispers to me. "Doing what?" "Grieving."

It should've been me though. It should've been Maya and I on that alter. The flowers and lights dangling above us while I watch the white fabric wrap around her.

I get taken away from my thoughts when Sophie hits my shoulder. "Stop it. There's plenty of women here."
But they're not Maya.

I sit at the table with Liam and Sophie while the party lights dance around the floor and invited guests move to the music.
"Excuse me sir." A woman's voice calls behind me.

"Yes?" I ask. "I was wondering if you'd like to dance." Her hand displays in front of me. I observe her snow like skin. "I'm not interested." I say. She takes her hand away and nods towards me.

"What the hell are you doing?" Sophie asks. "What?" "She clearly is into you." "So?" Sophie rolls her eyes at me before she continues. "You have to move on Noah." "You can't force things Sophie."

I walk away from the table and go to the bar to drink away my thoughts.
"Enjoying yourself?" Jax surprises me. "So happy." I sarcastically say.

"If I said Maya were to come, would you run to her at this moment." I stop my motions and lock eyes with Jax. "Is she coming?" I eagerly ask. "No, but if she were to, would you?"

"I wouldn't waste a second." I say before I take a sip of my beer. "She thought the same thing when she left. She didn't waste a second." Jax says beside me.

I stare down at the marble bar and wrap my thoughts around his words. They choke me because sadly, I know they're true.
She didn't waste her time to leave me behind.

"Congratulations." I say to Jax. I pat his shoulder before I walk away.
"Hey handsome." Elena calls beside me. "Hello gorgeous." I say back. "You feeling okay?" "Just because it's your wedding day, I'll be good for you."
Elena laughs at my attempt for a joke. "You don't have to lie to me. I can tell you still upset over what happened."

I stare at all the couples dancing together on the dance floor while a slow song plays.
"I can't move on." I say to Elena. "I understand. I don't think I would be able to move on if Jax did the same thing to me." I look over to see Elena staring at the couples as well.

"Then why does everyone care so much about me moving on knowing I can't let her go?" I slightly ask aggressively. "I think it's because we love you too much to see you drown yourself in your own guilt."

Elena sends a mom like smile to me. "I personally don't care what you do. You can move on or continue, as long as it doesn't you mentally."
I give Elena a hug. "Thank you."

I take my seat back at the empty table while I watch Liam and Sophie dance together. It's crazy to think how both my best friends are now married and I'm still wondering where the girl I love is.

"Let us give some room to the bride and groom for their first dance together."
Elena and Jax take the dance floor as the Dj plays a slow song for them.

"They're beautiful." Sophie says. "They sure are." The same woman who asked me to dance earlier says behind.
"Who are you?" Sophie asks. "My name is Isabella." She says. Her eyes turn to me. "How about that dance sir?" She asks again.

I look to Sophie and Liam and their eyes tell me to take it. But what if I don't want to? What if I want to run away from this whole party and stare at my phone wondering if I should call Maya.

2 years Noah. It's been 2 fucking years and you're at your best friends wedding wondering if she still loves you. I doubt that, otherwise she wouldn't have left.

"I would love to." I take the woman's hand and lead the way to the dance floor.

Her hand latches onto my shoulders while I wrap my fingers around her waist. "What changed your mind?" She asks. "I've been holding onto something I shouldn't be."

Her eyes show a hint of a something I can't recognize. Her caramel blonde hair goes with the wind. Her laugh erupts while she try's to fix her hair.

I take my hands and move the hair out of her face. "Thank you." She says. Our bodies connect again and sway with the slow music, pushing away any thoughts I had left of Maya.

 Our bodies connect again and sway with the slow music, pushing away any thoughts I had left of Maya

Thank you for reading today's chapter.

I know, I'm sad too that Noah was dancing with another girl! But I PROMISE; HAPPY ENDING! Though the start won't be so happy.

I also want to apologize for the extremely late update! School has been on me and practice for my sport and I completely forgot!
Again I apologize.

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3