17 | Mystery person

-Noah-

Yesterday was a blur. The last thing I remember was fighting with Maya about our relationship, and that's the last thing I want to remember.

I button up my shirt, fixing myself in the mirror before I head out to work.
"Daddy!" I hear my daughter yell out behind me.

I pick up Luna and hold her against my chest.
"What is it princess?" "Can I come to work with you?"
She does a fake pouty face, as if I could ever say no to her.

"If I say yes, you have to promise to be on your best behavior." I said, her nodding in response.
I grab my phone from the dresser and walk out the room, stilling hold Luna.

I don't see Maya around, and my guess is she left before I could see her this morning.
I don't bother checking anywhere else in the house and I go to the garage to leave for work.

*

"Good morning Mr. Slade." The front lady welcomes.
"Good morning Ana. Can you please tell Micheal to have my coffee in my office as soon as possible." "And chocolate milk please!" Luna chimes in.

I laugh to myself then turn back to Ana. "And chocolate milk."
I continue our walk to the elevator.

Luna sets herself onto the couch inside my office, minding her own business.
I sit in my chair, waiting for the work to start piling in sooner or later.

"Hey princess." I call to Luna. "Yes?"
"Why did you want to come to work with me today?"

For once, Luna becomes silent. Her eyes stare at the ground and she holds back any words.

"Luna?"
"Are you and mommy fighting?" She asks.
I lean back in my chair.
"Me and mommy are just having a few disagreements."

"How long will they last?" I shake my head. "I don't know princess."
Luna nods her head and sits herself back on the couch.

I hear a knock on my door. Micheal comes in with my coffee and a small cup of chocolate milk.

"Sir, I don't mean to be rude but there is a unexpected man here to see you." Micheal alerts me.
"Name?" I ask. "Marco I believe sir."

"I don't know anyone named Marco." I say. "I'll dismiss him." "No it's fine, let him up."

Micheal leaves the room before another knock is soon followed. I call Luna to sit behind me. I don't know who this person is and I'd rather have Luna safe than sorry.

A tall man walks into my office, taking a seat in front of my desk.
"Hello Mr. Slade." He holds out his hand for me to shake.

I take his hand a give him a simple quick shake before sitting in my seat.
"What can I help you with Marco?" "I am in desperate need of your services Mr.Slade"

I'm intrigued of his request.
"What kind of service?" "I need to find someone."
I question who this man sitting in front of me is.

"Marco, that kind of service isn't free, nor is it cheap." I say while leaning back in my chair.
"I understand Mr. Slade. I need to find this person."
This man seems super desperate, almost too desperate.

"I'm gonna need a name." I ask.
"Maya Castillo." I freeze on my seat.

"Come again?" I ask. "Maya Castillo. She has brown hair and brown eyes. Tan skin. She's not that hard to miss."
"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"She's a beauty. I just need to find her." Marco desperately asks again.
I don't want to do this, I shouldn't do this.

I stand from my seat and hold out my hand. "We'll keep in touch and I'll see what I can do. I will need a picture sooner or later."
Marco nods and shakes my hand. "Thank you Mr. Slade."

Marco leaves my office thinking I'm helping him. No damn well in fucking hell I am helping someone get to Maya.

"We have to go home princess." I pick Luna up and quickly race home.

*

Walking inside, I see Maya peak from the kitchen.
"Oh there you are!" She calls out to Luna.
Luna runs to Maya, wrapping her arms around her neck and hugging her close.

"Princess, go see if auntie Chloe is available for a while." I say from behind. Maya gives me a questioning look but I ignore it.

Luna soon runs upstairs, giving Maya and I alone time.

"What the hell what that about?" Maya furiously asks me.
"Who the hell is Marco, Maya?"

Thank you for reading today's chapter

AHHHHHH (im not screaming you are)
BUT NOAH YOU NEED TO HURRY UP AND TAKE MAYA BACK BEFORE SHE GETS INVOLVED WITH SOMEONE LIKE MARCO

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3