35 | After life

-Maya-
3 years later.

I sit on the balcony of our new mansion staring out to the ocean view.
"Mom!" I hear Luna, who is now 8 years old, yelling from the hallway. I hear her footsteps get closer and closer.

"Ethan threw a shoe at me!" She stands in front of me now, holding her right eye.
"Oh no! Let me see." I move her hand to see a small scratch with a bit of blood dripping.

"Noah!" I yell for her father. I hear Noah come upstairs.
"Yes, my darling?" He tries to tease. I look over my shoulder irritated with him as I show him Lunas cheek.

"In my defense, he gets the throw skills from you." Noah says as he holds up his hands, defeated. I roll my eyes and take Luna downstairs to the kitchen to bandage her wound.

I find our 3 year old son, Ethan sitting on the counter drinking apple juice.
"Ethan, we don't throw things at our siblings." I say, and in response I only get a shrug.

Noah turns to me with a small smile, and I smack it right off him face.
"That's from you!" I say. I reach into the freezer and grab a ice pack for Luna to hold against her wound until I find the first aid.

After I patch her wound, let her go and turn back to Ethan.
"Why did you throw a shoe at your sister?" I ask. "I just a baby." He says as he shrugs.

I hear Noah chuckle behind me, and I grab him by the ear. "Stop encouraging him!" I say.
"I'm not!" "You are!" We argue.

I hear the doorbell ring, catching my attention. "You, don't move!" I say to Noah as I let go of his ear.
I walk to the front door and open to see my brother, sister-in-law, and their 4 year old son.

"Santi! It's been too long!" I say as I pull him into a hug.
"You're the one who wanted to move more to the seas." He complains.

I let go of my brother to move onto Chloe and Daniel. After our hugs, I let Daniel run inside to go play with Ethan.

"Are Elena and Sophie here yet?" Chloe asks. "No but they said they are on their way." I respond.

We walk into the kitchen where Noah sits on a barstool waiting for me.
"You look tired." Santiago makes fun of Noah. "I think I married the wrong sibling." Noah jokes. "If you want to marry my brother just say that!" Noah and Santiago share a loud laugh together. "We would make a good couple." Santiago continues the joke.

I hear the doorbell ring again, and rush to see Sophie, Liam, and their twin daughters Kaylee and Blair. Jax, Elena, and their son Joseph.

I let the kids run inside to find our children and lead the adults to the kitchen.

As everyone talked, I grabbed a wine bottle from the cabinet and poured everyone a glass.
"I'm so glad to see you all again." I say.

"It's been a while. It's good that you and Noah have decided to take a break." Sophie says.
Noah and I decided it was best for our family to leave the mafia world for a bit, but that didn't mean forever.

We know we left our business in good hands with Liam and Sophie but they still included us in minor things, making us aware of everything going on.

"Do you know when y'all will return?" Liam asks. "We have been thinking about it and maybe in the summer." Noah says.
"That's great to hear, man. We definitely need your leadership back." Jax responds. "We also need our right hand woman to keep the leader in check." Elena says, raising her glass towards me.

I laugh to myself as I feel Noah's hand snake around my waist.
"I will need Chloe to watch the kids again if I return." "I will gladly watch them." Chloe's response puts me at ease that they will be in safe hands.

"I say we make a toast to Noah and Maya, making a comeback into the mafia business again." Liam raises his glass.
Everyone follows, cheering as we take a sip of our wine together.

"You sure you want to do this again?" Noah asks me in a whisper.
"Are you sure?" I reply. "I will gladly stand in front of that table as long as your by my side, fully involved."

I feel his fingers brushing my clothed skin, waiting for my answer.
"I've always been in when it comes to you." I says as I play with the buttons of his shirt.

We continue the night catching up with one another and having a night full of laughter and smiles. It was a refreshing moment to remind me that no matter how far we are from each other, there's still these moments that keep us close.

After everyone goes home, I go to make sure that Luna and Ethan are tucked and asleep in their rooms.
I peak inside Lunas room to see her fast asleep in her bed.
As I enter Ethan's room, I see Noah tucking him in and placing a kiss on his forehead.

I walk in silently, placing my hands on Noah's shoulder and admiring our son.
"He has your nose." I whisper to Noah.
"He has your attitude." Noah jokes back, receiving a small hit from me.

I close Ethan's bedroom door as Noah and I stand silently in the hallway.
I start walking to our bedroom but Noah holds my waist to stop me.
"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I just want to say thank you." "For?"
"For giving me another chance at a happy life. You've given me 2 beautiful children and words can't explain how grateful I am. God knows I'm not the best person, but I'm happy he sent me you, Luna, and Ethan."

Noah cups my face, only inches away from each other's lips.
"I am lucky to call you mine, to call you the love of my life." He whispers against my lips.

I press our lips together, the passionate feeling overcoming us.
We have much more ahead of us in life, but that's for another day. Right now, it's only us.
Noah and I.
The love of my life, til death do us part.

The end.

Thank you for reading today's chapter

Wow.
Wow.
Tears are flowing.
I am so beyond grateful for how much love this series has received. Thank you all so much for the love and support over the past time. I know the update schedule wasn't the best but you all stuck around until the end and I'm so grateful.

Don't think you have gotten rid of me just yet.
SUMMER JUST STARTED BITCHES!! Which means I have more time for my upcoming book that I'm working on!

Criminal Love.

(Sneak peak: A brutal murder happens at a popular hotel. When an investigation starts, a cold ceo meets a sunshine ray of a detective.)

I hope you enjoyed this book series, I sure have enjoyed writing for you. I hope you stay healthy and safe, and I love you babes!

Until next time.
-R. <3

 <3

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐎𝐟 𝐘𝐨𝐮 | 𝟏𝟖+ 🎉