6 | Reveal yourself

-Noah-

What the fuck.
Maya is standing right in front of me, holding a gun, and is talking to my daughter.

Luna fucking Slade. Who in hell thought it would be a good idea to keep this from me?
"We need to go home." Maya quickly says.

"I'll take you both home." I blurt out. They both stare at me for a few seconds. "It's okay." "I wasn't asking."

I walk up to Luna and hold my hand out. She wraps her tiny fingers around my large hand and I feel a spark of energy race inside me.

"Noah it's really okay. We can take care of ourselves." Maya tries to convince me otherwise.
"Noah!" I hear Bella call behind me.

I turn while I still have Lunas hand in mine.
"Where did you go? I've been looking everywhere for you." "Sorry, I just need to take care of some stuff."
Bella looks between Maya and I. "Who's this?" She asks.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I take my free hand and wrap it around Luna. I pick Luna up and carry her.
"That doesn't answer my question Noah." Bella says. "I'm busy Bella!" "Who's kid is that?" She points to Luna.

"We're not doing this right now." "Again, that doesn't answer my fucking question!" Bella yells. "Don't cuss in front of my daughter!" I yell out.

Bella looks shocked while she stands still. I take a deep breath before I try and talk again.
"I won't be home tonight so don't wait for me." I turn around and take Luna to my car, hearing Maya's heels clicking beside me.

I place Luna in the passenger backseat and put her seatbelt on. When I close the door, Maya stands in front of me.
"You don't have to do this." She mutters.

Fuck. 5 fucking years and in a second she can make me feel relaxed just by her voice.
"Just give me your address Maya. We can talk about this when we get there." Maya takes my phone and types her address into my gps.

When we arrive, her place is a small house. It looks like it can barely fit both of them.

I carry Luna inside while she practically is already asleep in my arms.
"Where's her room?" I ask. "I can take her from here." Maya takes Luna from me, brushing our skins together like water and fire touching.

I sit on the grey couch and wait for her to return. When she does, she stands against the wall and silence fills the room for the first 5 minutes until I decide to break it.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask. Maya doesn't say anything. She stands still and I don't say anything else until she answers me.
"It was the best option." She says. "Best option for what Maya? For you or for me?" I lift myself off the couch and stand tall.

Maya doesn't move a inch. "For everyone. I couldn't put you or her in danger." I run my hand down my face in frustration. "I could've protected you. I could've protected her!" "And you don't think I regret it everyday?" She yells back.

"I wish I told you I was pregnant but I didn't! The day Luna was born I had to kill someone just to protect my daughter and ever since that night I wondered what if I stayed? What if I let us build a family like we always wanted?" She says while I see her eyes flood with tears.

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if one of you died because I chose my own happiness over safety." Her voice cracks between her words while tears run down her cheek.

Maya looks down while I hear her sniffles.
"I became you." She says. I stare at her while she keeps her eyes on the floor.
"I lost count of how many people I've killed in the past 5 years. All because they wanted Luna."

I suck in a breath while I try to process Maya's words.
"I'm not happy with myself for keeping her away from you but I had my reasons and I need you to understand that."
I cross my arms over my chest and stare around the room, trying to collect my thoughts.

"Okay." I say. Maya lifts her head to stare at me.
I take a few steps towards Maya, stopping just a few inches away. I lower my head to be in line with her.
"But I want to see her more often. You're not gonna keep her from me any longer."

I notice our faces are only a few centimeters away. Her eyes scan my face, landing on my lips. I could pull her in and kiss the soft lips I've missed.

But I don't. I back away and fix my suit.
"I can work around that." She says. "Good. Go ahead and get some sleep. I'm taking the couch." I say. "What?" "Did I stutter?"

"No it's just- shouldn't you go home?" She asks me. "I'm not leaving Luna." Or you.

"Your girlfriend seemed to be pissed at you." She says, turning her gaze to the floor again.
"She'll live with it." Not that it matters to me.

Thank you for reading today's chapter

Sooo... Noah knows about Luna, Luna knows about Noah, and I am panicking!

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3