3 | Return

-Maya-
Present time. Los Angeles, California.

"Did you enjoy the night?" Carter asks me while he walks me to my door. "It was nice." I try to grab my door handle but Carter reaches before me. Such a try hard.

When we open the door, Luna runs from the living room and hugs my leg. "Mommy! You're home!" She calls out. "Hi darling, did you behave?" Rachel, a friend I made at work, walks from the couch.

"She was a good girl." Rachel says. "She let me eat candy!" Luna blurts out.
I eye Rachel up and down. "I never said how she became a good girl."

I laugh to myself. "Hi Luna." Carter says. I watch Luna send a death glare at Carter, tugging on my leg tighter.
"You both should get going." I say to Carter and Rachel. Rachel nods her head and goes out the front door.

"When can I see you again?" Carter asks. How do I let him down easy?

"Look, tonight was nice and all but I'm not looking for a relationship." I say. "You've said that over 5 years. I could be Lunas step dad!" He says. "Luna is fine, we both are. Thank you for everything but it's time for you to go."

I open the front door. Carter stands still and stares at me. "My mommy said go!" Luna yells at him.
I chuckle under my breath. He finally starts moving. "How does next Friday sound?" He asks. "Goodbye Carter." I close the door in his face.

I hear my phone ring in my purse. Luna takes my phone and answers.
"Hi tio!" She happily says into the phone. "Put him on speaker." I tell Luna. She puts Santiago on speaker while we both walk to the kitchen.

"How are you mija?" Santi asks Luna on the phone. "I'm good! Mommy went on another date with a ugly man." "Luna!" I say. I hear Santiago laugh in the line. "Stop that, you're only encouraging her."

"Anyways, sweetheart, I need to talk to your mom." Santi says. "You're on speaker." I yell while I grab a box of strawberry's from the fridge.

"So, me and Chloe moved the wedding to this weekend." I pause my movements and stare into space.
"You're joking." "I'm not. We've been wanting this and might as well take the opportunity. Plus this gives you a chance to move into the new house now and set up your office at the company." Santiago says.

Im not ready to go back to New York. I was preparing myself but I still had a week in advance.

"Does that mean I get to see tio early?" Luna eagerly asks. "I guess." I slowly say.
"I'm sorry for the short notice Maya." "It's no big deal, just means I have to pack tonight and change my flight to tomorrow night."

I take Lunas hand and my phone and walk her to her bedroom. "Let's go pack princess. I'll text you tomorrow before we leave." I say to Luna and Santi. "Be safe, love you both!" I respond back before I hang up the phone.

I take Luna suitcase and pack her floral gown for the wedding and the rest of her clothes. "Mommy." She asks. I turn back to see Luna playing with the boxes sealed with all her belongings.
"Do you think I'll make friends in New York?" She asks. "Honey of course you will. Why would you think otherwise?" "You say I remind you of daddy."

I take lunas hand and hold it close to my chest. "Princess, you and your dad are my greatest achievements. Being like your daddy means your fearless and strong. You shouldn't be ashamed of being like him." She shows her smile.
"Will you and daddy ever get back together?" She asks.

I pause and looks into the air. "It's unlikely honey. We went our separate ways and I doubt I'll see him soon. But I promise at the proper age you can meet him." Luna nods. "Now go get into bed, it's past your bedtime."

I tuck Luna into her bed. "Mommy?" I nod for her to continue. "Can you tell me that princess story again?" I feel my insides spark alive at her request.

"Prince Nolan was the meanest prince in the land. Whatever he said goes. That was until he met Princess Mia." Luna smiles while I continue my story.

"Though Princess Mia didn't like his attitude, she was drawn to him. Maybe it was his devilish charms or the way he ruled. She had no idea but she was in love with the prince." "And the prince loved her!" She says happily.
"Yes. Yes he did."

"Prince Nolan loved Princess Mia and wanted to make her the happiest princess in kingdom. The Prince still ruled the land but now, anything would have to go through the Princess. If she said no, he said no. If she said yes, he said yes."
"And they lived happily ever after!"

I wish they did.

Thank you for reading today's chapter

Prince Nolan and Princess Mia. Sounds familiar?

I also want to put out there the ages of Maya, Noah, and Luna.
While Noah is now 30, Maya is 28 and Luna is 5! So young.

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3