30 | Broken Hearts

-Maya-

I open the front door to our house, not waiting for Noah running behind me.
"Would you just let me explain?" He yells. "Explain what? How you went behind my back and talked to your father again after everything he put us through?" I turned around and yelled back.

Noah sighs and rubs his forehead while I don't bother to waste another breath waiting for him to speak.

I walk into the kitchen as I pour myself a glass of water to calm myself down.
"I met with him to come to terms with him so he could leave us alone, Maya." Noah says softly as he walks in.

"I don't see why. What good will it do because when has he ever listened?" I say. "You're right, he doesn't listen." Noah says in disbelief. "I'm trying to fix things between us but I can't do that if you don't trust me."

"Who said I didn't trust you Noah? I trust you, I just don't understand why you would go back to him." I say. "I'm protecting you and Luna, Maya. You both are my priorities."
I place my glass on the kitchen island.

I stay silent and don't even glance at Noah. My mind is racing with words.
Confused.
Rage.
Regret.
Comfort?
Relief?

Noah comes closer to me and wraps an arm around my shoulder. "I don't plan to see him ever again. This was the only interaction we'll ever have." He whispers.
"You promise?" I ask. He smiles at me and interlocks our hands, making my heart melt for him. "I promise."

"Mommy, Daddy!" Luna runs downstairs scared.
"Princess, is everything okay?" Noah runs towards her and asks worriedly.
"I saw someone standing outside." She points to the front door.

Noah picks up Luna and gives her to me while he walks to the door with a gun in his hand. I turn my back to the door to guard Luna.

I watch over my shoulder as Noah opens the front door. He looks around as he holds his gun up.
He turns back around and walks back inside the house, closing the door behind him.

"There's nothing out there sweetheart." He comes and takes Luna. "I swear I saw someone!" She throws a fit.

They walk into the living room as Noah plays with Luna on the floor. I walk back into the kitchen to get my glass of water and go with them.

As I walk into the hallways towards the living room, a sharp pain runs through my body.
My hand drops my water, making a loud sound as glass explodes on the floor.

Noah and Luna both look up as I see Noah's face turn horrific.
I hold my stomach as I look.
The color of my blood spreads across my hand as I fall to my knees.

I can hear Noah and Lunas footsteps run towards me. His warm arms wrap around my light, cold body.
"Maya, damnit!" He says under his breath.

"I need a ambulance immediately please." I can hear his voice speaking. Luna holds my hands as I hear her small cries.
"Mommy?" She softly cries for me. "Mommy's gonna be okay princess, I promise." Noah whispers to her.

Noah,
Didn't you learn to never make promises you could never keep?

Noah,Didn't you learn to never make promises you could never keep?

Thank you for reading today's chapter.

I might've or might not have cried while writing this chapter, and might not cry more when I write the next chapter as well.
Please don't hate my though, I promise everything happens for a reason and things will have their place in this story to have a good ending.

I would also like to say that I'm working on my next story once this series is over. I plan to make this a 3 part series so get ready!
(How do y'all feel about high school, college, and adult love? :))

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3