21 | A gentle hand

-Noah-

I walk through the front door and see glass shattered all over the floor.
"This place is a mess." Maya says as she stands beside a dead man's body. "And who's fucking fault is all of this?" I ask furiously. Everyone turns surprised to see me.

"Where the hell have you been?" Maya asks. "Out." I give her a dry response.
I look around and see multiple body's surrounding the floor.

"What the hell happened?" I asked. "Oh you know, just a tiny visit, someone wanting to see Luna. The usual." Maya says sarcastically.

"Maya your arm and hand." Sophie points out. My eyes shift to the blood flowing down Maya's arm from a large cut.
"It's just a small cut." Maya reassures Sophie. "Fuck that, we have to clean that." I say while walking towards her. "I'm fine." "I'm not asking."

"Clean this shit up. Liam, make sure Luna is safe." I order. I take Maya's uninjured hand and take her to the basement.

I go to find the first aid while Maya sits on the velvet couch.
"You could've called me." I say. "I wouldn't want to disturb your little dinner date." I can hear the annoyance in her voice. Jealous much?

"You make it sound like I would pick that dinner over you two." I say, referring to Maya and Luna. "Was it at least delicious?" Maya asks. "Not even in the slightest." I respond in honesty.

I kneel in front of Maya and roll up her sleeve. Her wound is deep. "What caused this?" I asked concerned. "A stupid glass shard. I already told you I am fine." She tries to convince me. I don't listen to proceed to press a alcohol pad against her wound.

Maya hisses in pain and grips my shoulder. "That burns." She whispers. "Of course it does." I continue to clean her wound. Maya keeps her hand on my shoulder but slowly loosens her grip.

"You might need stitches." I tell Maya. "Can't we just put a bandage and call it a day?" She asks. I chuckle and shake my head. "You'll bleed out if we don't fix this." "We?"
I freeze in my tracks at my words. Fuck, we. "I'll take care of it." I respond.

I quickly find the numbing cream and rub it around Maya's wound. "It might hurt a bit, I'm not a expert." I remind her. "Just let me bleed out at this point." She acts dramatically. "There's no fun in that." I say.
I hear a small chuckle leave her lips, and I raise my head to see a small smile painted on her face.

"Focus or else you'll stitch the cut wrong!" She slightly yells to me. I roll my eyes and start to stitch her wound close. Again, she grips onto my shoulder as I feel her legs tighten against my thigh.
Shit. Nope, stop getting any ideas.

I keep my focus on her wound but Maya's breathing turns heavy, drawing my attention to her.
I finally come to a end, and tie the stitching close.

I slightly lift my head to see Maya already staring down at me. Her lips are parted while she keeps her eyes low. Our faces are inches away from each other, and I feel her body heat radiating off of her onto me.

I lose my train of thought and slightly lean forward, but so does Maya. She's no longer fighting me, nor are we arguing about this anymore.

Just a centimeter from each other's lips, my phone rings in my pocket.
I open my eyes and groan in frustration. Maya backs away with a shade of pink on her cheeks.

"What?" I answer.
"Hello to you too handsome. I was wondering if you could come back and we could start where we left off. We never even made to the bedroom to see my surprise." Amelia talks flirtatious into the phone.

I rub my palm down my face. "I really don't think now is a good time." I respond. "Tomorrow then?" She asks. "I'll think about it." I hang up quickly.
"I should go check on Luna." Maya says while getting up front the couch. "Yeah, be careful with that arm." I remind her. Maya nods at me and makes her way upstairs, my eyes never disconnecting from her body until her silhouette disappears.

I throw myself on the velvet couch and close my eyes. What is wrong with me? Maya doesn't want anything to do with me in that kind of way. I should just go to Amelia and give her what she wants.

You're a idiot if you do. You're in love with Maya and Luna needs you. Amelia just wants you for sex, stop listening to your brain and listen to me! My self conscious speaks to me.

Damnit, I need a drink. This shouldn't be hard. I'm making myself stressed for the most stupidest reasons.

 I'm making myself stressed for the most stupidest reasons

Thank you for reading today's chapter.

I kinda miss writing smut but in order to put smut we need them to get back together, unless you wanna read about Maya and Noah fucking other people.
*ps, I don't wanna write them fucking other people*

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3