27 | My eyes see art

-Noah-

I haven't had a decent work day in a long time. I would usually have files stacked on my desk or a idiot who wants to use me for their dirty work.

Here I am, sitting in my office with not a single thing to do.
I hear a slight knock on my door. Finally, something to do.

"Come in." I yell out.
I'm surprised to see Maya open the door. She has a wide smile painted across her face, making my curiosity jump.

"What's brought you in with a good mood?" I ask. "I gave myself a little shopping spree with your credit card." Maya responds, sliding my black card on my desk.

"Don't hate me." She says as she throws a few bags on the couch in my office.
"Baby, I make what you spent in a hour. Take as much as you want." I reassure her.

Maya walks over behind my desk and pulls my chair back. She straddles my thighs as she stares at my facial features like a art on a gallery display.

"How long are you working tonight?" Maya asks.
"I believe until 6. I don't plan to stay any longer than that."
Maya looks beside my desk at the clock on my nightstand.
4:55pm

"Anything I can help with?" Maya asks. A grin spreads across my face.
"There is something."

"I meant work wise!" She slaps my chest, erupting a loud laugh from my mouth.
"I can take care of these things mi amor. You go rest." Maya gets off my thighs but instead on sitting on the couch to relax, she pulls the seat from in front of my desk and sits beside me.

"What are you doing?" I ask.
"Helping you work. I can do paperwork too." Maya responds. "Maya, I have this covered." "I know you do, and I doubt you do."

She's not gonna take no for an answer, is she?

I decide to give in to her demands and hand her a small stack on paperwork.
She's a great partner, in both the home and business area. Mostly the home.

*

A work of art Maya is.

Here I am, gawking at her beauty, just as she sits on the couch watching tv while Luna is asleep.

"What?" She asks. "Just admiring amor." I respond.
"Stalker." She replies.

A ding rings from Maya's phone, indicating she received a message.
As she picks up the phone, her smile fades.

"What is it?" I ask. She doesn't say a word.
I walk to the couch and look behind her to get a good view of her phone.

A text message from a unknown number shows a picture of our home, the exact same moment a few minutes ago.

Thank you for reading today's chapter.

Sorry about the late update. I am not the best at time management but I promise to not give up on y'all. YOU WILL GET THE ENDING I PROMISE!

I would also like to thank you all for being patient with me as well. Like I said, time management isn't my best thing, but I appreciate your support and love for this story. It keeps me going knowing so many other things go on like school and sports, I still want to provide a good story for you to enjoy, so thank you.

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3