22 | Second chances

-Maya-

I wake up beside Luna in her twin size bed. Luna is still sound asleep, and I sneak out of bed towards the kitchen.

"Noah!" I call out. I receive no answer. I decide to get upstairs and check his bedroom.

I open the door and see Noah cuddled into his sheets. I slowly walk in, trying not to make a sound to wake him.
I sit onto his bed, sinking into the mattress. I could be a stalker at this moment for watching him sleep.
I brush my finger against his jawline, feeling the warmth of him on my fingertips.

Noah slightly moves, and I quickly move my hand away. His eyes flutter open.
"Good morning." He says in a tired, morning voice. "Good morning. I'm sorry for waking you up." I say. "Don't worry about it." He says with his eyes closed.

Noah stays in bed and barely moves. I decide to get up and go back downstairs.
"Where are you going?" Noah asks. "The kitchen. I'm thinking of making breakfast for you and Luna." Noah rises up from the bed and locks eyes with me.
"How's your arm?" He asks. "It's fine." I pull on my sleeve to slightly reassure him. Noah gives me a small smile before I leave.

*

I finish the eggs, placing the syrup next to the giant stack of pancakes and French toast I made.
"Smells delicious." Noah walks into the kitchen. "Of course it does, I made it myself." I say, playful flipping my hair.
"I wasn't talking about the food." Noah whispers as he walks behind me. My mind must be playing tricks with me.

I hear tiny footsteps running downstairs, knowing it's Luna. "Pancakes!" I hear her cheery voice from the living room.
Luna runs in and sits herself on a bar stool by the kitchen island. She stares at the stack of pancakes with big, puppy eyes.

I take 2 pancakes from the stack and place them on a plate. I cut them into triangles, pour the syrup, and pass the plate to Luna. I pour chocolate milk into a small cup and sit it beside for her.
"What would you like?" I ask Noah. His eyes drag down to a place that's inappropriate around Luna. Okay, my mind is definitely playing tricks on me.

"French toast, eggs, and coffee will be lovely." He says, bringing his eyes back up. I nod and walk back to the food.
I make him a plate and place it in front of him, along with his coffee.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" Noah asks me. "I'll eat in a little bit. It's better to know you both ate first." I reassure. Noah cuts a piece of his French toast and holds it in front of me. I shake my head but he nods. I roll my eyes and take a bite of the toast.

Noah's eyes follow as my lips surround the piece of French toast. I pull away and wipe my mouth with a napkin. "Thank you." I say. "Eat, you know I don't like sharing." Noah says as he moves back to his breakfast.

"What can we do today mommy?" Luna asks me. "I was actually thinking we could all go out and shop a little."
Noah sends me a questioning look. "We?" He asks, and I nod. "I want to spend time together, like a family." I say. "I'll go get ready!" Luna jumps from her seat and runs upstairs.

I take Lunas plate and put it in the sink. As I turn the knob to start the water, I feel Noah walk up behind me.
"A family?" He asks in a serious tone. "Can we please not argue right now? This is something I actually want." I ask him softly. "Who said I was gonna argue about this? I honestly love the idea."

I turn back and see a smug smile on his face. I splash some water from the sink onto his face, watching his smile grow larger.
Noah reaches for the sink and splashes water onto me this time.

He continues to splash water onto me as I fight back, reaching for the knob to turn off the water in the process.
As I switch the water off, we share a moment of laughter.

As I slightly open my eyes, I notice that Noah and I are closer than before. The water made his white tee see through, clinging onto his tatted abs.
Our body's inches away, yet there feels like there's no barrier.

I can feel Noah's hand behind my back, temped to grab me.
I lean back onto his hand, giving into the intoxicated feeling.

Noah pulls me forward, closing the space between us. I close my eyes as I drown in his scent and body. His hand caress my cheek.

"You made it clear you didn't want me." Noah whispers. "I'm also a stupid, idiotic, selfish person." I respond. I feel Noah's chest vibrate against mine as I hear his low chuckle against my ear.

"Make your choice Maya. I can't keep waiting for nothing."
Noah places a small kiss on my forehead and lets go of my body. I open my eyes and the moment we shared ends quicker than I wanted.
He walks out the kitchen, yelling from the living room. "Get ready! I'm excited to go out with you and Luna!"

I feel a smile coming onto my face. Not only because he's excited, but because I know my decision.

 Not only because he's excited, but because I know my decision

Thank you for reading today's chapter.

I'm gonna go sit in a corner because I literally wrote a imaginary scene I had about a guy who I used to talk to until he ghosted me and how I wished things went, lol. *cry with me please* (boys suck, unless they're Noah Slade and Blake Fox)

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3