3. Music

-Back to you-

You run back to your room and shut the door. You sat down near the table and sigh. You were glad you reacted fast and did not manage to hear his thoughts. People think it's nice being able to know what other people are thinking, but when you can't control it. It sucks.

The following day, you are up looking through your phone when Wanda opens your door. "Sorry, I don't know if you can hear the knock or not." She speaks to you while standing by the door. "No, I can't." You shake your head while smiling. "Tony just wanted me to tell you to meet him at his lab." Finally showing the real reason why she's here. "Alright. Thank you."

You get up and head to Tony's lab. The lab is not too far, but it was still quite a distance. This place is so big that everything is spread apart.

"Hey, Tony. You're here too Bruce." You greeted them at the door, signaling to them you are here. "Yeah. I need him to test your blood. To see what we can do for you." Tony looks at you briefly before turning back to do his work. "Take a seat here." Bruce motions to sit on a chair. He draws some blood off you. Enough to fill up 4 vials of glass.

"Alright. That's good. I'll test it and get the results tomorrow." Bruce explains to you. "Is there anything else I can do?" Hoping to be able to work because staying in your room is boring. "Nope. You have helped us enough." Tony decided quickly.

You turn and prepare to leave when Tony speaks again. "Ah, I just wanted to say that we are having a party at 8pm today."

"Party?" You are surprised at his sudden revelation. "We always have parties for newcomers." Tony explains his reasoning for having a party.

"Where- Here?" You cannot believe that there is space for parties in this compound. It's bigger than you think. "Yes." Tony confirms your answer.

You told him you will be there before heading to the common area and turning on a movie. You feel someone touching your shoulder. You turn around to look at Wanda. She sits next to you on the sofa.

After a while, Wanda notices something and asks. "I was wondering how you watch movies. I understand you can lip read or read the subtitles, but you are unable to hear the music."

You nod at her statement. "Normally, when I am watching alone, I bluetooth to my headphones, and I can hear it. It's just that I am sitting outside now, and if people like you want to join, It's easier for them." You explain to her

"Then why aren't you watching it in your room? Isn't it more enjoyable?"

"That's true, but staying in the room for so long is boring. Even though it's just out here, it feels different."

"I see"

"Besides, it is playing a movie that I have seen before, so I roughly know which music is currently playing." You try to tell her that everything is okay. "You must have a great memory." Wanda remarked. You look at her and laugh.