21. Stones

This is obviously not going to follow the MCU timeline, I don't want to drag this book too long and I don't want anyone to die. So yeah.

You walk to the kitchen to find Wanda, but you see Nat sitting there. You see her expression change. "Yes, I cried earlier." You speak before she even says anything. "No wonder your eyes and nose are so red. Wait, how did you..." She puts her hand on her chin.

You move your hair back and show that you are not wearing the airpods. "I still carry them around though." You take out the airpods in your pocket.

"Are you feeling alright then?"

"I guess when I am in this body, I am able to control my powers better. Not all thoughts are coming in." You tell Nat. "Where's Wanda by the way?" You look around, trying to see if she's nearby. "She should be in the training room."

You thank Nat and go down to the training room to find her. You hear Wanda and Steve fighting each other so you enter quietly and observe them. You manage to hear part of their thoughts when fighting, it seems they always think about what the next step the opponent is going to take and react accordingly.

You look around and see that there are no chairs around. It seems that this is not a watching sport. You stand around and watch Steve and Wanda joust it out. Without powers, Wanda is definitely on the losing side. The fight ended, and you clear your throat to announce your presence.

"Why didn't you tell me you are here?" Wanda runs to you. "There isn't anything important to call you for." You spread your arms to receive her.

"I thought you'd be changing on alternate days." Steve turns to look at you. "Very funny." You give him a weird look. "What are you doing here?" Wanda getting back your attention. "Do I need a reason to come and find you?" You look at her lovingly. Steve shakes his head and leaves the room.

"You aren't wearing your airpods." Wanda says as she moves your hair. You hold her hand and say. "I can't keep relying on my airpods." Just then, the door swings open, and Steve speaks. "Tony is having a meeting."

You look back at Wanda and smile because you heard her thoughts. "Let's go."

"We have to drop our sight on Hydra for now. Thanos is a more pressing matter."

"There is an indication of a huge influx of magic power in the universe. I've contacted Dr. Strange, and all the others, and they claim to have nothing to do with it. This is an irregularity we have to check out." Tony explains to them what is on the screen.

"What are we going to do while we wait?" Steve questions Tony. "Good question," points to Steve. "I don't know." "Well, what kind of power is it?" You try to get the team thinking. "Dr Strange says it about the infinity stones." Tony still trudging around the room.

"Can you stop walking around Tony!" Nat shouts at him. Tony stops in his track. "How many stones are there?" You ask. "Six. According to him." Tony shows on the screen the different types of stones. "He already has space, soul, power, and reality stones."

"This isn't an irregularity. Something is obviously going on. He only needs the mind and time stone." Steve stares at him. "You should have found this out sooner." He continues.

"The infinity stones have been around for so long. If he didn't use it, how am I supposed to detect it?" Tony argues back at him.

Things start to get heated in the room, so you take out your airpods and wear them.  

"We need to be prepared for the fight." Steve announces. "You think I don't know that? T'Challa has kindly allowed us to use the space in his country. Fighting in New York would cause too much destruction." Tony looks at everyone before continuing. "We need to speed this up. We are heading there tomorrow."

Everyone left the room with a long face. They have encountered the effect of infinity stones before but never all in one go. Even defending the effect of one infinity was tough enough; what more if Thanos acquires all six.