4. Party

It was time to head to the party, but you didn't bother to dress up. Who cares about what a 13-year-old kid wears at a party? You arrive at the party and see that everyone is already there. You approach Natasha, who is at the bar making her own drinks. "Why are you the one mixing drinks?" You thought she was supposed to be enjoying herself.

"I prefer to mix my own drinks. Should I make you one?" Natasha offers you a drink. "I don't know if my body can take it." If it were your old body, you would have accepted it without thinking. "I'll give you a light one. What about cider?"

"That's just beer."

"Precisely."

Natasha bends over the counter and passes you the cider. "I'll head to the group first. See you later."

"Later?" Before you understand what's happening, she smiles and walks away. You are confused as to why she would leave you alone here. You turn around to see Bucky standing behind you.

"Woah! How long have you been standing here? Can I help you?"

"I- I just wanted to say sorry for earlier." Bucky seemingly distressed about the incident. "It's okay. You weren't at the meeting" You tried to be understanding.

"I was still on a mission with Sam." You remembered Natasha saying that some were still on their mission.

"You are pretty easily identifiable here." Bucky says as he tries to lift the atmosphere. You play along with him. "I mean, you seldom see a kid at a party. Alone especially at Tony's party."

"Shall we head over to the group then?" Bucky says, trying to move things on. He isn't very good at conversing with people. You get up from your seat and walk with him.

Tony sees you walking over with Bucky. "There she is. The main guest. I've told them all about you." You can see that he has drunk quite a few drinks already. "Thank you" "Meet those who frequent around here. Thor and Loki."

You exchange glances with both of them. "Are you the more mischievous type?" You laugh at Loki's question, knowing what he meant. "I tend to think out of the box." You try to answer him vaguely, and he seems satisfied with the answer. You also do not want others to think that you would bring trouble to them.

This time it is his brother speaking. "Did you know you're not the only one with mind powers?"

"Yeah. Wanda has it too. Tony told me all about you guys." You were unsure where he was heading with this question. "Then did you know she did it on all of us before?" You know this is not going to end well unless you come up with a cheeky answer.

"Do you want to try it again? If you're not careful, I'll gladly do it on you too." Everyone laughs at your retaliation to Thor, especially Loki. You could see that he was really enjoying seeing his brother being laughed at.

"Definitely not an easy kid." Thor mutters under his breath.

"Let's do our tradition! Truth or Dare!" Tony changing the topic. "Isn't that a kid's game?" You are astonished that it would be a tradition here. "It brings everyone out okay, stop complaining. Who's going first?" There was nothing you can do but follow them.

"I'll go. Dare." Loki is obviously the one who would rush at any competition. "Show us Y/N in adult form." Tony gave him a dare rather quickly as if he has been thinking about it for a long time. "What?" You were not the one doing the dare, but it feels kind of unfair that you are being the subject.

Loki transforms into you looking like an adult. Everyone cheers when they see the results.

"You look gorgeous as an adult." Wanda compliments you. You thank her before telling Loki not to go around looking like you. You don't want unnecessary trouble looking for you.

Wanting to keep the game going, Tony turns to you. "Alright! Who's next? Y/N?" You look at Tony. You don't want to choose a dare because you know it will be somewhat risky with this bunch of people. You opt for the safer option. "Fine, truth."

Loki loves to delve deep into people. "How long have you been like this?" You are surprised that he asked such a serious question. You didn't mind telling them since it won't divulge many details. "I went in when I was 23, turned when I was 24, and lived a year like this."

"Not going into details, I see." Nat is ever the one who catches onto things quickly. You put your fingers to your lip.

"Anyone else?" Tony asks the group. "What about you? What did Y/N help you with?" Steve blurted out his question. You look at Tony and Steve, sensing the tension. Steve straight up just asked Tony the question without fear. You can't help but think that there used to be some argument between them in the past.

"She was helping me with my suit. She managed to find a fault and enhanced it." Tony said as if it was a matter of fact. "Are you going to create something for Y/N? The bulky headphones do not suit her." Steve trying to play nice here.

"How did this come to me?" You were tired of all the topics rounding back to you. "Yeah, it totally does not suit you. Maybe something smaller." Wanda joining in their conversation. You stare daggers at them. "Okay, that's enough. I'm heading to bed. It's almost bedtime for kids anyway." "Using your kid excuse now?" Tony shouted at you while you were heading for the door.

You stare at yourself in the mirror. "Do I look weird? Doesn't everyone own one of these nowadays?" You question yourself.

You take out your headphones and put your head on the pillow before drifting to sleep.