8. Mind controlled

The following day, you find yourself in an awkward position. Your neck in pain as you were sleeping on your stomach and facing sideways. While trying to get up to a better position, the headache hits you like a truck. You hiss in pain before plopping back down, giving yourself a moment to ride out the pain. You try to remember the last time you drank so much. You laugh at yourself, knowing it was for a similar reason. You got dumped. 

You knew you needed to get aspirin, so you quickly showered and went to find one. The pounding sensation was still pretty vigorous despite the cold shower. You rub your head as you made your way to the kitchen.

You see Bucky walking in, so you decided to greet him. "Hi, you just got back from a mission with Sam? I didn't see you at the party yesterday." You can see him clearly with his work equipment. He turns to you with determination in his eyes. "Did I say something wrong?" You stop in your tracks as he looks at you.

He says nothing and continues walking towards you. You gulp and step backward. "What are you doing?" You try to make sense of the situation until you feel yourself falling down the stairs. "Oh shit... Thank god my headphones are still on." You first priority is to feel for your headphones the instant you got up. 

"Umm. Bucky? What are you doing?" You try to get back his sense. He shows no signs of stopping and even initiates an attack. "Okay, I am not having this." You used your powers to make his gun disappear. He looks down to see his weapon suddenly vanish and takes out a knife.

"Okay. I need backup. Guy! Your friend needs help here!!" You tried to shout for help. You maintain eye contact with Bucky knowing he is going to attack you. The moment he moves, you use your power again and make his knife disappear. However, this time, his fist was already on his way, and he landed a punch on your face. You roll back from the force of his attack.

You can hear people running down from their rooms. Bucky was about to continue his attack, and you put an arm out to defend yourself until Steve jumps in to tackle and restrain him.

"Come on, let's get you treated." Wanda pulls you aside. As awkward as it can be, you weren't going to reject her offer.

You turn to look back while you walk away and see that the rest of them are still trying to bring him down. Wanda takes a first aid kid and starts to treat your wound. "Are you okay? Did you get hurt anywhere else?" Her voice broke the silence we had. You moved your body around to check. After all, you did roll down the stairs.

"Nope. I think I am fine. I just need some aspirin from yesterday." 

"Okay. Stay right here. I'll go get it for you." She keeps the first aid kid and leaves the area.

Despite maintaining a poker face, you can't help but replay the scene at yesterday's party. You cover your face with your hand and sigh. Wanda comes back and puts the aspirin and cup of water on the table. You take the pill and chug the water down.

The both of you have another moment of silence before you suggest heading back to them to check out the situation.