12. Hear

-Back to you-

You are dreaming. You start to reminisce about the time you spend with your family. You miss the times they were there for you, where they would ask how your day was, and you would always take it for granted. Each meal that your parents put on the table, thinking they would always be there.

Those thoughts made your eyes wet. You open your eyes and see the droplets that didn't flow down your face.

Wanda, seeing your tears drop, thought you were in pain and asked desperately. "Are you alright?" You sobbed, knowing that you were brought back to reality. "No... sorry, I am alright." "Okay. I'll go get the rest. Here." She passes you your headphones.

You take the headphones from her and put it over your head. It suddenly made you realised that you didn't manage to hear her thoughts this time. Despite it being a risk, you decide to put your headphones down and wait for the rest.

In the meantime, you also realised that you have changed. Not just the size of your body but your clothes. It definitely made you wonder who helped you change. Either way, it could only be one of the two women here. Your thoughts drifted back to not being able to hear their thoughts. Have you finally controlled your powers and not needing the headphones anymore?

You hear their footsteps coming closer ,so you shut your eyes, bracing for any abrupt sounds in your head. There was silence... have they not come in? No way, the compound may be big but the footsteps sound can only travel that far. You slowly pry open your eyes to see everyone looking at you strangely, wondering what you are doing.

"Hi...?" You asked shyly, knowing that they have just seen you being weird.

"You aren't wearing your headphones!" Wanda shouts. "I- I thought I'd give them a try. It seems to work. And- and I can finally hear you guy's voices." You are genuinely surprised by that as well.

"How do we sound like?" Steve trying to find out more. "Honestly, not what I expected, but way better. You guys wouldn't want to know how you sound in my head."

"Once you are feeling better, Wanda and I are going to bring you out to buy some clothes. I'm sure you only have kids' clothes. Unless you want to keep wearing Wanda's clothes forever." Natasha invites you out. "Nat!" Wanda looks at her, astonished.

You laugh with them. "In the meantime, we have brought you some clothes. They are there on the table." Natasha points to them." "Thanks." You smile softly at them.

"Party tomorrow at 7pm. Get yourself some decent dress while you are out with them." Tony notifies you of his sudden change in plan. Naturally, you manage to guess the reasoning behind this party. You nod your head.

Everyone leaves the room, leaving you alone. You pick up your headphones. This was the first thing that you bought with your own money. Every day before you got this, you had a screeching headache from listening to everyone. All of them thought you were crazy or lazy and just wanted to get out from work. Now comes the time to put it away, and you feel kind of sad. It has been through so much with you, and you have gotten so much use out of it. Sometimes you even manage to get out of difficult situations by pretending you didn't hear them. You put them on one last time before putting them away, knowing you are going to miss it. Your head feels weird without additional weight on them.