23. Fading

Suddenly another new giant structure came out of nowhere and you finally see Thanos. Everyone can see that he is wearing the golden gauntlet on his hand. Despite the forces everyone is facing, people start to rush to him. Around this time, you see an orange circle spreading around the area. "Is that Dr Strange?" You ask Wanda. "That's right."

"Wow. He can split into multiple bodies." You see multiple versions of Dr Strange attacking the aliens around him and his team members. Thanos uses the powers of the infinity stones, and it is very difficult to get close to him. Tony manages to close to him and tries to take out the gauntlet. He got flung out of the way, and Steve was the next person to try. He manages to hold up against Thanos for a while but eventually got beaten up.

It becomes clear to everyone that it needs to be done as a team. Dr Strange holds onto Thanos with his strings, restricting his move while everyone tries to grab some part of him. Tony and Thor come flying back and grab his gauntlet and try to take it out of him. Even using all their energy and power of his suit, he couldn't get it out.

Wanda had to help further by using her powers to hurl rocks at him to distract him for a bit. Thor and Tony manage to get the gauntlet out, but it gets flung aside because of the sudden release. 

Even without the gauntlet, Thanos is full of strength. He manages to shake everyone off and tries to get back his gauntlet. Everyone gets thrown off and sees him walking towards the gauntlet. Tony flies over to get the gauntlet but gets caught by Thanos by the feet. He has no choice but to throw it to Steve who runs away with it. Thanos being the giant guy, catches up with him quickly.

The gauntlet gets thrown around a lot to prevent him from getting it back. Everyone doesn't know what to do with it. Despite the strong attacking power they have, they are still unable to take down Thanos without his gauntlet.

Without anybody knowing, you start to use your power. You focus everything on Thanos, and he realises he's losing powers. He turns to look at you which causes everyone to look at you.

"What are you doing?" Wanda cannot believe her eyes. "Trust me!" You look at Wanda.

"Stop this right now." Thanos tries to attack you, but Wanda pulls him back. As Thanos fades away, becoming translucent, you start to feel weaker also.

"You're not supposed to leave my side." She starts to tear up. "Don't worry, we haven't gone on another shopping trip yet." You try to let her know you'll be fine.

Thanos disappears, and you start to fade away as well. Wanda runs towards you to try and hold you. She only manages to graze you before you disappear right before her eyes, dropping your airpods on the ground.

"Noooo. Why don't you just take me with you!!!" Wanda cries in agony. Nat tries to console Wanda. "Nat... she's gone...." Wanda looks at Nat crying.

Wanda gets so devastated that she radiates her energy around her, causing all of Thanos' aliens to shut down. Seeing that the fight is over, everyone finally releases their tension and looks around. The damage that this battle has cost.

"We can still bring her back, we have the stones right?" Wanda holds Nat's shoulder, hoping for the best answer. "Wanda, Wanda. Using the stones will hurt you. She's not dead. I'm sure we can get her back once we find her." Nat tries to reason with Wanda.

Wanda looks away and picks up your airpods and leaves the area. Everyone stares at her back, knowing that nothing they do at this point can help her.