14. 2 steps forward, 1 step back

Suddenly, you feel your body heating up, the heartbeat pumping so vigorously that you can feel it in your skin. You fear the worst. You drop everything in your hands and run to the nearest fitting room to hide. You desperately try to keep your voice down as low as possible, not wanting to grab any attention. You have no other choice but to bite down on your arm to prevent yourself from screaming.

Wanda just finished paying for your clothes and was looking for you. You usually waited near the entrance of the shop, but she didn't manage to see you. She asks Nat if you came out of the shop, but Nat said she didn't see you leave. Both of them head back to the shop only to find the bags of clothes on the floor with you nowhere to be seen.

You look towards the mirror in the fitting room, and sure enough, you've changed back again—this time with clothes that are way too big on you. You try to roll them up, especially the pants, since you needed to walk to find Wanda and Natasha. You leave the fitting room immediately and thankfully manage to spot Wanda with Natasha. You try to walk towards them, but you were unable to catch up to them with your shorter legs. That's when you remember you have your phone in your pocket, you take it out and dial Wanda's number.

She picks it up immediately.

"Where are you?"

"I can see you, I'm right behind you."

"Where? I don't see you."

"I- I have shrunk again..."

"What? Okay, I see you. Don't move. Nat and I are coming."

You finally see them walking towards you.

"What happened?" Wanda frantically tries to see if you are alright. "I don't know. Suddenly, I- I felt like I was burning up, and I went to hide." You show how clueless you are, failing your arms everywhere.

"Your arm! It's bleeding." Wanda catches one of your arms. She pulls up the excessively long sleeve on your body. "You bit yourself?" Wanda sees the bite mark on your arm. "I didn't want to scream..." You soften your voice a bit.

"Stay here. I am going to the pharmacy to get first aid." Natasha leaves you in Wanda's care. "We just got you some adult clothes, and you went to change back?" Wanda can't believe the situation. "At least, we get to go out again, right?" You try to make fun of the situation. "This isn't funny, Y/N. I- I thought..." Wanda gets cut off by Natasha, who came running back.

"I'm back. I think we better do this in the car. We are getting too much attention with the bloody t-shirt." Natasha is still panting from her run.

"Aww and it was one of your guy's t-shirts."

"It's Wanda's."

"Enough, we should focus on getting-" Wanda suddenly feel you pulling away from her.

You bend down to your knees and cover your ears. They instantly know what's wrong. You're hearing thoughts again. By now, you were at the carpark already, so there are fewer people around. However, people start to gather around to look at the commotion.

Natasha instantly lifts you and runs to her car to put you in. This time Wanda is sitting in the back row with you. You curl yourself into a ball in a corner cupping your ears with your hands.  Natasha is driving above the speed limit to try and get you back to the compound as quickly as possible.

"Hey hey hey, it's only Nat and me here. It's okay." Wanda tries to comfort you. "It's not okay..." You bawl your eyes out, tears are falling like a waterfall. "You are going to be fine." Wanda tries to assure you.

"No... I can't... Ho-" You feel someone pulling your face to the side and your lips touching another. You open your eyes and see Wanda's face inches away from you. You release your hands from your ears, but you hear nothing, nothing at all.

"You almost caused an accident, Wanda!" Natasha is looking at the back row using her rear mirror. "Forgive me..." Wanda says as she moves herself away from you. The next thing you know, you black out.

"Did you just knock her out?" Natasha trying to get a sense of the situation.

"Yeah? How else are we going to get her in the compound?"

"Then what's the point of kissing her?"

"To make her feel better?"

"Anyway, we are reaching already." Wanda and Natasha roll up in front of the compound, bringing you in, leaving the car behind.