19. Trapped

Everyone is dismissed to get ready and prepare what they need for the mission. "I'm glad I had that quick lesson earlier. That's going to help." You speak to Wanda while walking to the quinjet. "And you are gaining experience quickly."

In an hour, the jet takes off and Steve shares the strategy with everyone.  "This base is new, so we can expect something different here. Be on your guard."

You, Wanda and Nat are on one team and the rest on the another. The base is like a labyrinth. If Tony did not give us a floorplan of this place. We would never be able to find our way around this.

You are still assigned as a support to Wanda and Nat, positioning behind them while they knock out the guards. You try to free as many prisoners as possible by mainly trying to make the door disappear and allowing everyone to run out. You are in your final stretch of rooms when you feel someone pointing a cold metal at the back of your head. You raise both hands slowly.

"Wanda... Nat..." You don't know if they can hear you through the comms. You are not far from them, but they are on another side of the hall. They turn around and walk towards you and sees a man pointing a gun at the side of your head.

You thought to yourself. "At least he's at the side now, I can see him through my peripheral vision."

"Y/N!" Wanda shouts as she sees the situation you're in. "I advise you not to move from there." The guard speaks. Nat positions herself behind Wanda to communicate with the rest.

Wanda talks a step forward, and the guard further pushes the gun on your head. "Stop! Before I blow her brain up."

"Move!" He turns to you. You can only assume he wants you to move into the adjacent room. You comply with his words. Just as you enter the room, you turn around and make his gun disappear. He kicks you in and pulls a lever, and the next thing you know, you fall into a tub full of water. You try to get out, but he closes the lid on you.

You try to stay afloat, but the water level is rising, there isn't any place for you to escape, and you can't control your powers when you are scared. You try to gasp for air, but you end up swallowing a bunch of water. Soon, your lungs run out of air, and you faint in the container.

-meanwhile-

"Y/N!" Wanda is not having it anymore. She uses her powers to blast the guard back, and Nat shoots at him. They head into the room you were in but sees that you are trap underneath the floor contraption. Nat tries to lift the lever again, but it did not work. Wanda tries to use her powers to lift the lid, but she is unable to get the lid high enough to get you out.

"We need to get down to her level!" Nat shouts. "I can see your coordinates. Step out of the way. I'll blast the floor open for you guys." Tony talks to them through the comms. Wanda and Nat move out of the way and see a light beam in front of them. They are able to jump down to the lower level and see you floating unconscious in the tub. Nat bullets shatter the glass, and you flow out along with all the water

Wanda runs to make sure you are okay. She performs CPR on you and remove water from your lungs. You wake up chocking to all the water in your throat and nose. You don't know the water on your face is from the water or your tears. You take a deep breathe and Wanda comes hugging you. "I thought I was going to lose you." She hugs you tighter and cries. You gave a sigh of relief. "I'm here now. I'm okay." You stroke her head.

"Let's go. Tony and the rest are done as well." Nat passes the information to them. All of you head back to the jet and are surprised to see you totally soak.

"Are you alright?" Bucky trying to make you feel better. "Thanks. I am fine now. I just want to get out of this wet clothes."

Bringing in strings from my previous book, since the reader's power is water base previously