ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʰᵉʳ ᶜˡᵒˢᵉ

ᴛʜʀᴏᴡʙᴀᴄᴋ

ᴛʜʀᴏᴡʙᴀᴄᴋ......ᴛᴡᴏ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜꜱ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴅɪᴠᴏʀᴄᴇ

dylan barged into the evans home while selena and the kids were out with uncle harry. dylan screamed for chris, jolting chris and having him run towards dylan. 

"what is everything ok!?" chris asked dylan. dylan stood faced chris, taking in his statute.

"you idiot." he blurted towards chris.

"what?" chris questioned.

"you have no fucking clue" he spat, rubbing his face with his hand. 

"wanna include me in?" chris asked walking closer to dylan, confused. 

"she didn't talk to you yet." dylan concluded as chris walked closer.

"tell me what?" he questioned.

dylan shook his head, before his eyes began to water. chris had not taken a close look at how selena was doing. selena was falling apart at the seams. she was over this marriage, and after seeing chris- confirmed. 

selena was out with harry with the kids, making sure they had no clue what was going on and to keep them out of the loop for the time being. dylan and selena had just gotten done fighting on the phone because she would not tell chris how she truly felt.

utterly and truly alone, with no help or support from him. 

"what the hell is going on man?" chris said as he saw dylan emotions shift from angry to heartbreak. 

"you love her, don't you?" chris confirming his fears.

dylan looked up at chris, before turning around walking a few steps away. tears were bursting out fast. he sniffled before speaking again,

"selena has not told you a thing has she? that she's unhappy-"

chris cut him off, 

"you love her!" he yelled. chris' voice cracking. chris put his hands on his waist and looked down.

"for the past two years i have seen my best friend break at the seams because her husband has some vendetta of becoming the most well known actor or some shit." dylan began. 

dylan turned around and face a torn chris,

"you have left her time and time again to work- while she was struggling to have her own identity or personality. everything was about the kids, kids, kids. you never let her be her own person and it's crushing her." dylan paused.

"but yeah, i do love her." dylan finished. 

chris' eyes gleamed as he looked at dylan. 

those words confirmed his worst fears, yet somehow it was a relief. 

a relief making him realizing that this marriage maybe was not working out.

"for the time being, keep her close. ok?" dylan said gasping. 

chris nodded, swallowing before walking back into the bedroom. 

dylan let even more tears roll down his cheeks. 

the words were finally spoken. 

he loved selena more than life itself. 

but did selena love him as much as he did?