ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʀʏ!

harper sat down on her bed, frustrated at how the media was frenzying over her dad's new girlfriend. she couldn't believe he rebounded so quickly. it was a slap in the face to all of them and it hurt her feelings. she overheard her dad and hunter laughing about something downstairs and harper decided it was time to speak her mind. especially when her mom was out for the night. which prompted her dad to watch the three for it. 

harper then hurried down the stairs fired up, which caused her dad and brother to pause there conversation. 

chris saw his daughters face and thought, what now? he had just gotten done telling hunter about eliza and wanted to tell harper and willow. 

"what's wrong harper?" he questioned setting down his water. "what's wrong?" she asked laughing. 

"what's fucking not?!" she threw at him.

"hey! language!" chris said almost instantly. "hunter, go upstairs we will talk later." he said to hunter who nodded before running upstairs.

"what's wrong harper?" he said crossing his arms as he leaned against the kitchen counter.

"you didn't even try, did you?" she questioned with tears swelling up in her eyes.

"try? what do you mean?" he said puzzled.

"you didn't even try to stay with mom! you allowed her to break up our family!" harper answered. chris looked down before sighing.

"harper-" he was cut off.

"don't harper me! tell me why you did not try!" harper said noticeably crying.

"and, why did you not tell us about eliza earlier! i heard it all over school before i found the article." she said now crossing her arms.

"harper, im sorry. but there was nothing else i could do! your mom had made up her mind years ago." he started. "and i know, i planned to tell you as soon as possible. but eliza did not want people to know, but then willow and hunter found out one day-" chris was cut off by harper.

"they knew?!" she said beginning to cry. 

"my own brother and sister knew and decided not to tell me. wow." she said turning around.

"i cant believe i thought different of you." she said wiping her tears.

"hey." chris said lowering his voice and walking towards her. he began to wrap his arms around her but she pushed back. 

"i can-i can't believe you." "i can't believe you guys." she stuttered. 

"hey now- come on!" chris said as she began to go back upstairs.

"harper! come here! let's finish our conversation." he said following her.

"what's there to finish, huh?" "everybody else knew besides mom and i." she said grabbing her bag and began pushing clothes in it. 

"i didn't mean for it to happen!" he retaliated. 

"you wanna know why mom isn't here?!" she paused.

"it's because like me, she found out this morning and too- had a breakdown." harper threw at her dad. he stood in her doorway as willow and hunter peered behind him. 

"why do you not think she's here right now? huh?" she said shoving past them and down the stairs.

"harper! where are you going?" he asked as he heard the garage door open and the keys from the door jingle. 

"anywhere but here." she said before slamming the door. chris got there just as she slammed it and looked down grabbing his phone from his pocket.

"she's probably going to uncle harry's." willow said from the stairs holding onto hunter who was nervous.

"let's hope." he said texting selena and harry. 

his phone buzzed with a message from harry, "i've got her. be back in the morning." 

um woah.