ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ?

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ?

hunter was out for the evening, staying with harry as well as the other two kids. 

selena had been quietly making dinner for herself when chris walked in, surprising the woman. 

"god damn, you cant do that." she said holding her hand to her chest. he took in her appearance, something vastly different than the last time he saw her. which was no more than a week prior. 

"sell..are you ok?" he asked walking up to her and putting a soft hand on her forearm. 

she nodded, going back to chopping some vegetables. 

he saw the way her hands shook and trembled, he could see the bags forming under her eyes worse than before. he could see the fatigue oozing off of her. 

"babe, stop. just stop." he said softly grabbing her hands and she didn't fight it. 

he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her in closer. 

he understood why she had been having hunter and the girls stay with harry, the stans or him more than ever. 

he could see the lifeless eyes she looked up at him with him. 

he could see it all now. 

she was slowly breaking, she was slowly losing her grip on life. 

her body was slowly breaking down. 

they stood there for awhile, taking in each others presence and warmth. 

"i wanted to tell you more, before. but i just couldn't." she murmured and he nodded, giving her head kisses. 

she moved back to embrace him, staring up into his brown eyes. 

"i never wanted it to get to this point. i tried, i tried so hard." she said and he nodded. 

he hesitated, and she noticed. 

she noticed the hesitancy to be this close again, after all these years. 

he sighed, looking down at her lips. 

he stared for a second before, placing his on hers. 

she wrapped her arms around his neck, drawing him in closer. 

she missed this, he missed this. 

they were each others homes.