A Big Question

~A Big Question~

~
I woke up confused. When had I fell asleep? Strange.

I feel a cold rag whipping my face. I open my eyes to see Severus dipping the rag in cold water once more before turning to put it on my face. He very quickly realized I was looking back at him.

"You're awake...." his eyes went wide. Only making me wonder how long had I been out?

"You're not scared of me?" I didn't expect him to be here taking care of me. I thought he'd be scared and putting distance between us. If he was scared he wouldn't be here taking care of me.

"Why would I ever be scared of you princess." He leaned down kissing me deeply.

Though it was a kind gesture, I pulled back confused.

"What are you doing? What game are you playing at? Why aren't you scared? Why would you take care of me?" I couldn't get my questions out fast enough. My brain working faster than my mouth.

"Dumbledore pulled me aside. He told me everything. I know all about your parents. Trust me. I'm not going anywhere. We've been close for four years. Even closer now....I trust you." His hand went to my hand. I had so many questions.

"How long was I out? What happened."

"Two days. You didn't hear it....You didn't hear your screams from my perspective. That instant I knew you were more different then I believe before. Now I know just how much. That day, you left... and you were gone for a while. You may not realize it but you were gone for 40 minutes. I got another Professor to look for you. Ten minutes before class ended I came looking too. Dumbledore came searching too because he found us looking around before classes were out. The five of us heard the broken cinder block fall and ran in to see the commotion. That's when we found you guys." He explained as he stared at our hands fiddling with my fingers.

"Broken? It wasn't broken. I didn't realize she hit me hard enough to break it." I told him my confusion but I get a confused expression in return.

"They said that you ran into the bathroom they were skipping class in. That you came onto them since they were alone. That they had to defend themselves against you using magic."

I was beyond pissed. Those bitchy little liars.

"What the fuck? No! I ran into the bathroom. I need a moment alone to get everything to calm down. The girls walked in right after I stopped letting my magic out. They started using magic on me. I didn't once use my wand or even the magic I make myself. Not on them. At first.... once the other two were passed out after I punched them, I turned to Pansy. She started telling me how she put a device on me that morning to listen to anything I heard. She found out about my father. She told me all these things I knew were true..... then used a spell that smashed me into the wall. I pushed her back unconscious with lightning. Then one of her friends grabbed a cinder block and I guess broke it against my ribs."

"I'll talk to Dumbledore. He'll punish them." He kissed my forehead carefully.

"Where is everyone?"

"At dinner. I came in to stay with you while they're gone."

"You're not scared of me? Why do you care?" I was genuinely confused. I don't know what it feels like for someone to actually care.

"I've let you come into my classroom for years. You've talked when you needed someone to talk to. You've came just to quietly read because you knew you were safe there. You never once got mad or yelled towards me. You've never used the magic you inherited from your parents at me. And I know you could've if you wanted to back then. I know your kind to who you trust and I know you're not dangerous. One day isn't gonna change how I see you."