Pranks

~Pranks~

~
Lily follows me into my dorm. She starts looking at the live plants I had hanging around my room. Of course maintained by magic.

"Woah. This is not what I thought your room would look like. It's so lively...only one bed?"

"There were a few complications. I almost didn't come back this year. So they found me a room last minute." I was picking up a couple things on the floor and didn't bother looking up as a spoke.

"Lucky. I share a room with two loud girls who love to gossip. Makes it hard to sleep. It's all good though because after hogwarts I want to be in the Hospital wing and the second nurse working along side Madam Pomfrey. What about you what do you want to do after hogwarts?"

Woah. I had never really thought about this. I came up with an answer on the spot though.

"Actually, maybe be a Herbology teacher. I'm good at it and it's one of my favorite classes."

"You know literally no one knows anything about you. No one even knows the basics really. There are a few rumors speculating about you being Xayla Prince's daughter. No one knows much about her because she was kept a secret from the community. I just know that she was very powerful. Is she your mother?" She was sitting on my bed and I was sitting in the floor in front of my mirror.

I look up at her through the mirror. For a moment I don't say anything.

"She was beautiful. Very powerful. From the stories I've heard, from the people who knew her, she was very loving. She loved me so much but all good things die eventually. I was three years old. I don't really remember her. I slightly remember the feelings I felt when I was with her and I have pictures but it's not the same."

She looked at me not quite sure what to say. It was the most information she, or anyone really, had ever gotten out of me.

"I'm so sorry. I hope whatever family you've lived with since then was kind." I smiled at her slightly. I wasn't gonna tell her...not yet. She didn't need to know everything.

After picking up my room I went to a blanket in a basket, picked it up, and sat it beside her.

"Ok. Come here kit." I hummed in a sweet voice. Lily was confused before she realized. A little white fox popped it's head out and looked at Lily.

She tried her hardest not to squill and she pet it's head. He crawled into her lap looking up at her.

"What's his name again?"

"Kit." I repeated.

She started talking to him in a baby voice.

"This is so cool. I think you're the only one with an animal like this. I have a short-eared owl. Her name is pixie. She's very cute you should come see her one day."

"We could go now. While I'm not busy." I watch Kit snuggle back into his blanket and I put it back down on the ground so he can get out as he pleased when I'm gone.

"Let's go!" She grabbed my hand and practically dragged me to the hufflepuff. Does she not realize how weird all this is for me? She acts so comfortable with me. This is so weird.

She says the password quickly and drags me in and up to her room. Finally she let go of my hand as she opens the door. Her roommates were there packing to leave. When they saw me they had weird expressions on their faces.

"Y/n this is Cara and Anne." She briefly introduced me as we walked by to her bed. Her owl was standing on her head bored looking around.

Then she flew to Lily's arm landing silently.